Chapter 19

When Devaki awoke, Camille and Aerie were standing over her looking at a screen above her head.

"Hey guys, whats going on? Where are we? Where is Rebel?!" She sat up quickly looking around. She appeared to be in the hotel room she had been living in with her parents. The two girls plopped back into chairs.

"Nothing much is going on right now. Tevin and Jaylen are in the bathroom and Rebel is talking with a friend of his called Ransome." Aerie said quietly looking at her concerned. "Rebel got a doctor for you, and we've been draining the drug out of you."

"We are kinda in custody right now until the authorities have everything straightened out. Sorry we didn't ask sooner, but we kinda assumed it would be ok with you." Camille butted in.

"Assumed what exactly?" Devaki asked, scratching her right ear unconsciously.

"That you would want to stay. All the Purebloods that want to stay are in this room. Um, thats just you, us two, and our boyfriends." Camille answered with a shrug. "The rest of the Purebloods left, and Rebel is doing a ton of paperwork right now to get us into some sort of a legal status with the Halfbloods."

"My parents let me stay?" Devaki was confused, her parents hated Halfblods.

"After we put up a fight about it. I think they were still mad about the last time you changed your form to look like a Halfblood." Aerie put in softly. Devaki nodded, that made sense. At that moment, the door opened and Rebel came in looking a little tired.

"I've done it girls, Ransome is having the machine brought over on the night train and we can begin tomorrow."

"Rebel, look who's up." Camille told him moving out of the way. Rebel saw Devaki and smiled, coming over quickly to sit beside her and hold her close.

"Is staying ok with you?" He asked in a rather worried voice. Devaki kissed his cheek and leaned on him.

"Of course it is. Are they talking about being 'fixed' by Ransome?" He nodded.

"You Purebloods are not allowed to leave the room until you have been changed. Then there will be a lot of paperwork to get your identity changed to show that you are a legal Halfblood." He sighed, but Devaki could tell he was happy. She slid her hand into his, and squeezed it tightly.

"Thank you, Rebel." She whispered, as he pulled her into his arms, and wrapped his wings around them. A low rumble sounded in his chest, as he hummed with pleasure.

"Does getting 'fixed' hurt?" Aerie asked, fidgeting with the corner of her shirt.

"Who cares?" Camillie blurted out loudly, flinging herself on a separate bed. Devaki just curled closer to Rebel as Tevin and Jaylen came out of the bathroom, followed by a cloud of steam. "Please tell me you didn't use all the hot water." Camillie shouted.

"Maybe. . ." Jaylen teased her, roughly drying his hair with a towel.

"Is it alright if I get up?" Devaki asked, not sure how much drug was still in her.

"I'll go find the doctor. He's the one monitoring your prescription, and recovery. The drugs you were on were not lethal, unless used in large amounts and for a long period of time." Rebel said, pulling her head to his chest, and running his fingers through her hair, and rubbing her ears in one last hug, before he laid her down and stood.

"What would be the affect of overdosage for a long period of time?" Devaki asked warily, anger at her racist parents flaring up.

"Loss of memory and physical abilities." Aerie said gently. Devaki nodded and closed her eyes.