One.

Sage

Sage

"Hey Sage, over here! Look this way!"

I stood on the red carpet and took a few pictures before heading into the club. Tonight was the Grand opening of a new club, The Gold Room here in ATL. Anybody that was anybody was in attendance. I owned quite a few businesses, so my name was pretty well known around the nightlife scene in Atlanta.

Though I was showing face tonight, being at a club opening was the last place I wanted to be on a Saturday night. I'd rather be at home, chilling, than be here fake smiling in people's faces.

I strolled through the club, nodding, and smiling at the people who greeted me. I smirked at the thought of how much a nigga was loved. Atlanta was my city, and I earned the right to call myself the king of this shit.

"Everybody and they fuckin' mama is in this bitch. Just doing the most as per usual," My brother, Dave, spoke as we took a seat in our section. I watched as a few of the bottle girls walked towards us, holding an extra-large bottle of Ace.

"Nigga do you have to always scowl? That's why yo' ass ugly now." I chuckled.

"Thank you, baby." I winked at one of the bottle girls who had lust written all over her pretty face. She giggled and swished off, making sure she made that round ass of hers bounce with each step she took.

"Nigga fuck you!" Dave damn near growled.

Dave was my older brother. Though we were 4 years apart, I considered him to be my best friend. Being brothers, we lived to get on one another's nerves and would try to outdo each other every chance we got.

"Calm down, you attack dog." I began rolling a blunt up."Do you want to smoke this with me? Because you're already on some different kind of shit." I said.

"Man... the least you could do is let me hit the blunt, dragging me to this event with all these bougie bitches."

"I forgot you like hoodrats."

Dave didn't do public appearances, he was mostly the behind-the-scenes guy. "Speak of the devil," Dave said as he sported his first grin of the night.

Following his eyes to the entrance, I saw his girl, Kellie, making her way over to where we were. They've been rocking heavily with each other for a while now. He lit up every time he saw her. That was a feeling I wanted to have for somebody.

Chance and I were the only ones in the family that didn't have someone to call our own. All of my sisters were married, Dave had Kellie, and my parents were happily getting on each other's nerves. It was unbearable noticeable whenever there were family get-togethers.

"You wish you had a bitch like mine nigga."

My head jerked back as I looked at him wildly, "I just bailed the both of y'all out of jail last week, what the fuck are you even talking about?" I asked.