Three.

Sage

"Mmm, look who's the last ones to show up again." My sister, Kat, said, folding her arms in front of Chance and me.

"Katrina, get the fuck out of my face." I was glad Chance said it first because I was gonna knock her ass out.

"I'm just saying, where is y'all coming from? Y'all don't have any kids, wives, none of that. Yet you and Chance are the last ones to get here always."

"Leave my babies alone." my mama said as she passed by.

"We got shit to do. We're not all fortunate enough to have our whole lives sponsored by either daddy or a husband, you bum." I said.

She chuckled, "You sound jealous, little boy."

"The girl who's never made a dollar in her life calling someone a little boy is crazy," Chance said, shaking his head as he followed in the same direction as our mom.

As he walked away, Kat and I got into one of our many petty arguments.

Regardless of how it may seem, Kat was my favorite sister. She and Dave were Irish twins, so she was closer in age to him, Chance, and me than our other 2 sisters Chantel and Shanell, who were 39 and 37.

It was usually the 4 of us wreaking havoc when we were younger. However, as the youngest girl and boy, Kat and I were always at odds.

"Aye! Take that guttersnipe behavior somewhere, I know Taraji didn't raise yall with an ounce of decorum, but y'all know I don't play that," My dad said as he held Kat's 1-year-old daughter, Myra, "Ain't that right Mymy? Pop-pop gonna put his foot in they asses, yes I am." He spoke in a baby voice as he walked away.

I mushed Kat's head, "Fucking bum." I sucked my teeth before walking around my parents' house, looking for Dave.

Though Chance and I came together, I couldn't tell him what was on my mind just yet. My boy was insensitive and would most likely clown me more than Dave would.

"Where is this nigga?" I said to myself as I walked from room to room.

Four of my nieces ran circles around me as I grabbed one and picked her up. "Ty, where yo ugly uncle Dave at?"

She giggled and smacked her small hands down on my face. "Which one?" she asked.

"The big one." that made her giggle even louder, "He's in there." She pointed to the den.

I kissed her plump cheek and placed her down as she ran through the house.

I shook my head. "Now, if we ran through this bitch like that, I'll have somebody foot up my ass!"

"You feel me!" Chance yelled back making me laugh.

Walking into the den, I saw my brother chilling on the couch, watching tv.

"Can we talk?" I asked as I sat beside him, "Yeah, Tevin Campbell, go 'head." he said, pausing the movie he was watching to give me his full attention.

"See here you fuckin' go, you stay with some jokes." I paused momentarily, "I fucked someone last night." I said.

He slapped my back, "Good for you! You've been acting real uptight lat-"

"Unprotected," I said cutting him off.

His expression immediately went from happy to concerned, "Ew bitch, you got the cooties." he said, pushing me away from him slightly.

I sucked my teeth and waved him off. "Nigga can you be fucking serious for once! This is why Kellie stays whopping on you, you can't focus!"