Untold story

Jay's POV

I was sat down on the couch drinking some beer while watching the news on the telly. It was pretty late and Charlotte was already asleep on the couch next to me. I didn't want to wake her up. I heard the front door open and there I saw Nathan. I called for him, but he was too busy thinking about something.

"Nathan, mate!" I called again. Finally he looked at me and when he saw Charlotte passed out he frowned. "She tried waiting for you, but she was proper tired from packing." I said. He kneeled down and kissed my sister's forehead. He sat on the floor while watching the telly.

"Nathan, mind if we talk for a while?" I said slowly standing up avoiding making any move that would wake my baby sister up. He followed me to the kitchen and we both sat down. At first it was silent until I asked the question.

"Nath, what are you planning with my sister?" I asked. The question got his attention and looked at me.

"What do you mean?" he asked. I took another sip from my beer and gulped it down.

"Mate, you know what I mean." I said he looked at the table and kept quiet.

"Look Jay, I love her. I would never do anything that would harm her." he began to explain I gave him a nod.

"Nathan, I just want to remind you that, Charlotte's my sister. Maybe not by blood, but she is family." I said. Charlotte is actually adopted. She knows about it since we adopted her when she was 6 years old. Her parents and older brother died in a car accident leaving her alone. Her parents are actually a family friend. When my parents adopted her she felt unwanted since my brothers and sisters didn't really talk to her. I was the first one to talk to her and guide her. Since then we were inseparable. When our schoolmates bullied her she nearly broke down and just felt so hopeless. I was her strength and she was mine. That's why I was very over protective over her, but when I saw how happy she was with Nathan I knew I had to let loose a bit. "if you lay one finger on her that would hurt her Nath, I swear I won't forgive you." I warned. He didn't say anything and just looked at me. Instead he gave me another nod.

"Jay?" I heard Charlotte call.

"Yeah?" I said.

"Is Nath back yet?" she asked I looked at Nathan who stood up and gave me a pat on the shoulder.

"I'll protect her mate. I promise." he whispered to me. He walked back to the living room and I saw him hug Charlotte. They talked to each other in hushed voices. I heard something vibrating on the table and I looked at it. It was Nath's. I didn't mean to pry, but when I looked at it I saw Brielle's name. I looked at Nathan again and saw him giving Charlotte a kiss.

I really hope I can trust Nathan on this.  I went out of the kitchen and said goodnight to Charlotte.

I closed the door behind me and went to bed, my phone started to vibrate and I saw Cass' name on it. I can't help, but smile I answered it and heard her crying.

"Hey, what's wrong?" I said sitting up.

"Can you come over? I know it's late, but I'm scared." she sniffed I put my shoes on while talking to her.

"Okay okay. Just stay there okay? I'm coming over." I said. I hung up and ran downstairs. "Char, I'm going to a friend's house might stay there over night so lock up the house before going to bed" I said wearing my jacket and closing the door. I walked up the street and called a taxi. I sent Cass a message and she wasn't replying.

-

As soon as I got out of the cab I went inside the building and took the elevator to her condo unit. Cass and I are actually in a complicated relationship. She's on a cool off with her boyfriend and just 2 weeks ago I confessed to her that I actually like her and she confessed she does too. She also admitted that the reason she told her boyfriend they needed a cool off was actually because of me. Since then we couldn't stop ourselves from calling and communicating with each other. We haven't told Charlotte and the lads yet because honestly, there was nothing to confirm about. Cass was different she was fun, but still have that innocent attitude that makes her look like an angel. She was different. I may have met a lot of ladies, but as redundant as it may sound she was just different in a manner of unique-ness.