Chapter Ten

A.N. It's been a long time since I've came around, it's been along time time but I'm back here now and this time I won't be away so long........ I hope. Okay um... don't know why that came to mind... anyway.... I'm back with an update and sorry for the wait, I'm having school issues at the moment so I'm trying to fix it. But none the less here's the chapter.

P.S. The pic is of Alex!

Seriya's P.O.V

It was around five thirty when we left the spring. The sun was setting and I was freezing. Jinxx and I were the last ones to get out of the water so we were still pretty wet compared to everyone else. I didn't help but notice that Shawna and Lana came back in different clothes, I was about to ask about it while we were walking to the car when Lana said she had clothes I could wear. I thanked her for them and left to hide behind some bushes to change. After this mornings incident with Ashley I made sure I was completely covered. I couldn't help but wonder why Lana had a bag of clothes with her. I decided I would ask Shawna about it later and probably ask her to explain more of their history.

When I had met Shawna she was in the middle of some teenage crisis. She was really closed off and had problems getting close to people. Some people thought that she had anger issues or just emotional issues, others thought she was just an addict that would go nowhere in life so they left her to herself, I didn't think of her like that, well I did but that changed after the incident.

I was in grade ten when the incident happened, I was walking back home from school. I had still lived with my dad at the time. I went to cross the bridge leading to my neighbourhood when I saw her standing on the opposite side of the railing about to jump.

~~~Flashback to the incident~~~

I could see that girl, Shawna I think her name was, standing on the opposite side of the bridge railing. She was clearly ready to jump off. I couldn't stand here and let her die. I knew that if I shouted out she would probably push off. I slowly and quietly moved toward her from behind, she didn't know I was there so I used that to my advantage. I went right up behind her and grabbed her wrapping my arms tight around her torso. She screamed slightly and burst into tears.

"JUST LET ME DIE!! I DON'T WANNA BE HERE!" she cried. I pulled her closer to my chest and started to talk to her quietly in her ear.

"Calm down. Please. I'm here. Okay? I'm here. You aren't alone. This is not the answer okay? What's wrong? Why are you doing this?" I stroked my thumb across her collar bone to sooth her.

"I'm useless I ruined everything. My bestfriend hates me. Everyone here hates me. All I am is the emo drug addict. People think I'm a fucking prostitute. I don't belong here." She cried slumping down against my arms.
"Come back over. Let's talk okay?" I said rocking her side to side. She nodded in response and I helped her back over. I wrapped my arms around her in a hug not releasing until she stopped crying. Once she calmed down I leaned back slightly to look at her without letting my hold on her go.

"Come back to my place. We'll figure things out together okay?"

"No, I should just go. I bother people enough. I'm no charity case." She said about to pull away from me.

"No. I don't want you to deal with this alone. I wanted someone there when I doubted myself. I'm not gonna leave you. You need someone and I want to be that someone. I'm not pitying you. Please come with me." She seemed to weigh her options and then nodded in response walking with me to my house.

Once we reached my house I cleaned off her make-up, gave her pjs to change into and made her some tea.

"Why are you doing this? I'm nobody to you." She asked.