in the moonlight

TW: father being a little bit abusive

George was currently packing his backpack for the holiday camp where he would go to in a few weeks. He used to travel somewhere and spend the holiday there but after he got bad in school and failed many classes, his parents decided to turn off the money tap and sent him into a camp.

He wasn't very excited for that.

All his friends were flying to another country, enjoying their last real summer holidays there, before their senior year would start. And George needed to spend his last holidays in a fucking camp. He hated his parents at that moment and he decided not to talk to them until the holidays would be over. Turns out that, that was pretty hard because he hardly knows anything about that camp and how he would get there. Maybe it was good that he didn't know these things, he could just say that it was their fault, that they didn't tell him anything. Yeah and in the meanwhile, he should just run away.

A good plan. A plan he could not carry out.

One day, his parents just walked into his room and told him to get into the car.

"Are you kidnapping me?", he asked, slapping a hand over his mouth immediately after that. He forgot that he didn't want to talk to them.

His parents rolled their eyes and he frowned, creeped out by their syncs moves. That was even scarier than Harry Styles and Louis Tomlinson always doing the same thing at the exact same moment.

His mother put his bag in the trunk, closed it and looked at her son.

"Get in the car", she said.

George crossed his arms and shook his head.

"George, don't make a scene now. Move your ass in the car", she said jokingly and opened the door.

George shook his head again.

"Ok son, I don't have time for this", his dad grabbed his arm hard, something that he has never did before.

George flinched away, hold his arm which was slightly in pain and looked at his father in shook.

His mother's eyes widened as well.

"Stop being this dramatic. Get in the car", his father tried to reach out again but George stumbled back.

"Alright, I think this is enough for now", his mother said and placed softly a hand on her son's back.

"I'll drive him to the bus station, it's okay", she said.

George still looked at his father with a look of shock and disgust. Since when is he like that? Was that his fault? Was he acting like that because he got annoyed of George not being good in school? What has gotten into him? He felt uncomfortable and slipped down in his seat.

"You don't want to say goodbye to me, son?", he asked.

George closed the door.

A few minutes later, his mother sat down behind the steering wheel. She looked in the rearview mirror. George could see her worried stare.

"He's just stressed, don't be so hard to him, okay?", she turned on the car.

George scoffed and pulled his phone out of his pocket. He sighed when he saw that the battery was at the edge of empty. That'd be such a nice ride to the bus station. The brunette groaned in silence when he remembered that he'd need to drive to the camp with an empty phone. He hoped that the bus would have some kind of sockets.

-----------------------

George was eyeing his mother with an annoyed look.

"Stop looking at me like that. You knew that you'd go into this summer camp", she tossed him his backpack.