build upon lust

TW: Angst?

Dream was sitting at the bar, his hand clinging onto the little glass filled with a clear liquid. The hurt was palpable for his best friend who was sitting next to him after hearing what had happened. He brandished the liquid around in the glass, his initial anticipation of drinking his pain away long gone and it was displaced by shame and embarrassment. And yet he tilted his head back as the cold glass touched his lips. And it doesn't unravel any of the situations that happened as the drink burned down his throat. He frowns, alike to his heart as she broke up with him.

He groans at the memory of her. Of course, he couldn't just forget her but it was ages ago! He was on such a good way to get over her, the sorrow gone for most of the time, why did he suddenly get captivated by it again? Was it the way he saw her with another boy that threw him down the precipice? It's sickenly how she smiled at him, her hand in another hand than his. And yet Dream felt his heart skipping a beat and he smiled back at her.

"Dream? Are you still with me?", Sapnap pipes in from the side, his hand waving in front of his face. The blond pushed it away.

"Yes", he answered.

"Maybe you should slow down a little bit. You've been zoning out for too long to be in a good condition", his best friend chuckles and rubs his back.

"I'm totally fine", he whips around on the chair and lets his eyes wander through the crowd.

"Do you wanna dance?", Sapnap asks.

Dream's eyes suddenly catch a boy sitting on the couch on the other end of the room. He sees how he hurriedly rips his eyes off of him and how his hand wanders up to his neck and rubs it in an embarrassed manner. The blond finds himself smirking at the boy and within seconds he catches him staring again. The girl next to him is pretty, her long brown hair falling in front of her face as she leans into the side of the brunet, laughing at him being so awkward.

"Who are you staring at? That cute girl?", the voice of his friend snaps him back into reality and he can hear the loud music blasting in his ears again.

"Sure", he just answers. "Might wanna talk to him".

"Him? You mean her?".

"Sure", he says again as he stands up, trudging towards the blue couch and coming to a halt in front of the brunet.

"You've been staring at me", Dream says bluntly.

He watches with amusement how the pale skin of the boy in front of him turns into a soft shade of crimson. And he lets his eyes slip to the side of him, the girl trying to hold her laugh in.

"I'm sorry", he answers sheepishly and it only makes the girl giggle more. "Tina, shut up!", he nudges her in the side and she excuses herself.

"You don't need to be sorry for staring. I could be staring at you for a long time as well", the blond's voice is unabashedly and he asks friendly for the name of the stranger.

He makes himself comfortable next to him, next to George and he talks for a long time with him and his friend Tina. They're nice, funny even and Dream finds himself nondescript comfortable with them within minutes.

It's still funny to him how the brunet blushes as he feels a huge hand on his knee. And as Dream feels the leg starting to bounce up and down, he strokes the knee with his thumb softly.

As they had drunk together for a long time, Sapnap joining them after a while as well, the taller boy finds himself leaning into George, whispering into his ear: "Do you wanna get out of here, love?".