four

Carter Furore

Carter Furore

I stepped into the house first, followed by my brothers, Asrael and Damon who were either bored or excited. Apart from some distant chatter it was quiet.

Xander seemed to be getting antsy, being away from his duffel bag for too long so I passed it back to him with an amused glint in my eyes when he seemed content, having it back with him.

Remi laughed quietly to himself as well noticing it and earned a glare from Xan. Nix just looked in awe at the house, ignoring his bickering siblings.

"We'll show you to your rooms to get unpacked and then bring you to dinner." Asrael smiled at us before gesturing for us to follow him.

We did and as soon as I saw the names on the doors, I realized that they must've been living in the house since they were younger. Everything looked new though apart from a fist sized hole in the wall.

That's comforting.

Asrael led me to a room and pushed the door open. There wasn't a name on it yet so I guessed my parents hadn't named us or didn't expect us to be back.

I frowned at the thought and closed my door as soon as he was gone, hauling my suitcase onto the bed and opening it with a sigh. The room was a white and grey theme with neon lights going around the walls.

Taking a look around, I noticed a set of drawers and opened them to put my clothes in. After I was finished there was one drawer left so I put my shoes in there and closed it.

I put my butterfly knives in the small compartment next to my bed and then put the pill bottle in as well. Remi walked in as I did and frowned sadly, glancing up at me.

I shook the sad look off and put my suitcase under the bed before climbing onto it and smiling contently at the soft material.

"Where's Nix and Xan?" I asked, taking the pack of gummies he offered me with a smile.

"Nix is playing solitaire on his laptop and Xander is probably opening the duffel bag with the brightest smile of the century." We both laughed at the probability of that and I took the remote from the night stand, turning the neon lights on.

"We should definitely throw a party in here one night. My room doesn't have them." He said, looking around at the lights and turning on the flash mode.

We shared a look, smirking, before he went to get Nixon and Xander. I found a speaker in one of the many draws and connected the music on my phone to it. I didn't play it too loud to avoid annoying anyone and in turn them annoying me.

Remi fiddled with the lights and music until it was practically like being in a club only without the alcohol.

I spoke too soon.

"Where did you get that? You're going to get us done." Nix narrowed his eyes at Remi who had just appeared with a bottle of vodka.

"You didn't actually think I came without, did you?" Nix nodded and Remi scoffed, saying something about him being delusional.