six

Carter Furore

Carter Furore

When we made it to the kitchen there were around twenty people seated around a white dining table, talking amongst themselves.

"Have a seat." The eldest looking man noticed us first and after a moment we all sat down next to each other. Asrael was nowhere to be seen so I guessed our mother wasn't at the table either.

"I'm Alexander, your mom's eldest brother, this is my wife Carlotta and my son Sebastian which you already know." Bitterness underlined his tone as he began to talk about Sebastian who looked as if he was used to it.

"I'm Reuben." The tattooed one said, offering a smile. Remi returned a small one as the rest of us were either too tired or couldn't be bothered. By couldn't be bothered I mean Xander.

"I'm Zane, your third eldest uncle. This is my girlfriend Emily and these are the twins, Bennett and Brinley." Our uncle and his girlfriend smiled politely while their children just scowled at us.

Damn, I can feel the family love just radiating from them.

Anger covered their faces and I heard a few chuckles and gasps from around the table.

I said that out loud didn't I? Not again.

Someone else cleared their throat and we glanced at the other man who began talking.

"I'm Creed, the fifth eldest of your uncles, this is my wife Mackenzie and that's Ella." He introduced his family. All of them smiled brightly at us, happiness taking over their features.

Fifth eldest? What happened the fourth then?

The uptight uncle began speaking, "Damon. This is my husband Nikolai and you already know our son Vaughn." A small scoff left Vaughn's lips and the couple sighed, regret prominent in their eyes.

"You already know the best uncle and aunt. That's Isaac and he'll probably wake up in a few hours." Wyatt sipped his water and Hadley subtly stole the two cookies off his plate.

I looked at Isaac who was sleeping with his head rested on the table, muttering incoherent words.

"Well, I'm Remington." Remi introduced himself with a warm smile.

"I'm Nixon." Nix said, looking up from his phone for a second before going back to whatever he was doing.

"I'm Carter." I smiled softly, waiting for Xander to say something. After a while of waiting and he didn't I elbowed him in the ribs.

He shot me a glare before grumbling, "Xander."

"What happened the the fourth eldest?" I asked, curiosity bringing the question to mind. Everyone looked up from their food at that and muttered back and forth between each other.

"They were raised by Jonathan, of course they know about the mafia." Damon finally said loudly, drawing our attention and everyone else's.

Alexander sighed, looking like he was having an internal battle with himself. When he noticed we weren't surprised with what Damon had said, he finally spoke.