chapter 5

I sit next to my brother waiting for our new Defence against the Dark Arts teacher to show up. All the students were having a little chat with each other, a little bird made of paper flew across the classroom and suddenly it caught fire and it fell on another girl's desk.  "Good morning children." A high-pitched voice in the back of the classroom makes everyone turn around. The pink-dressed woman stood there with a bright smile taking her time to move to the front. "Ordinary Wizarding Level Examinations. O W L's, more commonly known as owls," she says with her high voice everything appearing on the blackboard with the flick of her wand. My brother looked at me, already annoyed with the new teacher. "study hard and you will be rewarded." She continues "Fail to do so and the consequences may be severe." with that, she flicks her wand and books float their way to everybody's desks. 'Dark art defence basics for beginners' is this a joke? We're in our 5th year. "yes" she says after some speech I didn't pay attention to. I followed her gaze seeing that Hermione had raised her hand. "there's nothing in here about using defensive spells." she noticed. "using spells?"

"Well, I can't imagine why you need to use spells in my classroom." Wait! What did she say? "We're not gonna use magic?" I ask her without bothering to raise my hand. "you'll be learning about defensive spells in a secure risk-free way." she answered. "What use is that if we're gonna be attacked it won't be risk-free-" Harry spoke but was cut off by the professor. "students will raise their hand when they speak." She snapped to my brother. I look at him hoping he would just let it go, but of course, he doesn't. "and how're theories gonna prepare us for what's out there" he states "There's nothing out there, dear. Who do you imagine wants to attack children like yourself?" Please don't say it, Harry. Just be quiet for one time in your life. "Oh, I don't know maybe Lord Voldemort." And he said it. and right after he said the one thing I hoped he wouldn't say the class started whispering. "Let me make this quite plain. You have been told that a certain dark wizard is at large, once again. This is a lie." she says. I know Harry is going to say something more, which would lead him into much trouble, and that on his first day back. But before I could do something to stop him from saying such a thing he had already spoken up. "it's not a lie, I saw him I fought him." he started before he got interrupted once again. "Detention, mister Pote-" she starts but he doesn't let her finish. "So according to you, Cedric Diggory dropped dead up of his own accord?" I let out a sigh. Why can't he just shut his bloody mouth for once? "Cedric Diggory's death was a tragic accident," she says. With every word they say, they get more annoyed with each other. "It was murder! Voldemort killed him! You must know th-" and once again he got interrupted by a harsh voice. "ENOUGH!" she took a short breath. "Enough," she repeated herself and Harry finally shut his mouth. not that he was wrong, but he needs to learn when he can speak like this and when it's time to stand up or let his anger get the best of him. "see me later, Mister Potter. My office" Of course, he gets detention on his first day back. If there was anyone who could get detention on his first day it must be Harry James Potter. 

"You just should've kept your mouth shut about Voldemort. You know she won't believe you" Harry and I are walking in the hallways heading to Umbridge's office. Of course, I won't let him go through this detention all by himself, we never do. If one of us has detention, no matter what happened or no matter if we were in one of our little fights and haven't spoken to each other for days, the other will wait at the other side of the door. No matter how long it lasts. "What? Was I supposed to just sit there and let her teach us useless things? Come on bell." I know he tries to talk himself out of this discussion by saying it 'had to be said.' "I'm just saying that you should think before you say something that will get you into trouble. You know the ministry doesn't believe you or Dumbledor, it's no use to bring it up." I argued. "I know, but what was I supposed to say? She tells us that there is no danger but as soon as we leave this school we'll be faced with things that she should prepare us for." He argued back. I know he's right, the school should be preparing us for what's out there but I will never admit it to him. we arrived at Umbridge's office where he gave me a tight hug. "If you want you can go-" he started but I broke him off with a shake of my head. "We already talked about this Harry. I'm not leaving. I'll wait here like I always do when you got yourself into trouble." With that, my brother knocked 4 times on the door. "come in." a high voice was heard from the other side of the door. Harry gave me one glance before he disappeared into the room. I take a seat against the opposite wall staring at the door where my brother had disappeared just seconds ago waiting for him to come out again. 

after an hour the door finely opens. Harry storms out takes my wrist and storms in the hallway leading me to I don't know where, please let it be the great hall. "Are you going to talk to me?" I ask him but he just continues walking, completely ignoring me. "Can you at least let go of my wrist, you're hurting me." but once again he acted like he couldn't hear me. I look at his hand still tangled around my wrist seeing something written on his hand. It wasn't there before his detention I'm sure of it. I stopped to take a better look at his hand. Harry turned around and followed my gaze that was looking at his hand and as soon he saw what I was looking at, he snapped his hand away. "What is that?" I ask him getting a bit nervous. I didn't have the time to look at it properly but I could definitely see it wasn't just ink. "It's nothing can we just-" He started but I took his hand and held it tight so he wouldn't snap it away again. "Harry, this looks like a scar. What happened?" I ask getting more worried now. "seriously Bella. it's nothing." He tried to convince me. He always had been a bad liar. "Harry James Potter if you're not gonna tell me how you got that I swear to Merlin..." I started but more words were irrelevant. He knew he better than to try me when I used his full name. "Okay fine, I got it in detention," he said. No shit Sherlock like I haven't figured that out myself. "She gave me this quill and asked me to write some lines and it appeared on my hand. It's nothing to worry about." He finished. "Does it hurt?" I asked him not taking my eyes off his hand. "No, I'm fine Bell." He answered. Not that I believe it, of course, it must hurt. "come on we're already late for dinner." And with that, we dropped the subject and went in an uncomfortable silence to the great hall.