Chapter 6

Dinner went by fast and before I knew it I was settled on the couch in the common with Fred, George, Oliver, Lee, and Angelina. We were all talking and eating some candy that Lee had snuck out of the kitchen. George sits beside me with one arm around me as I rest my head on his shoulder, Fred sits on the armchair with Angelina on his lap, and Lee and Oliver sit on the floor with their backs against the couch. "I already don't like her it's way too much pink," George says beside me. "Not to mention her voice," Fred adds. "At least she isn't Lockheart." Oliver laughed at the memory of my 2nd year DADA teacher. "What do you think Bell?" George asks looking down at me. "I definitely don't like her. I'm not sure but I think she physically hurt Harry." They all look quite surprised at my words. Maybe I shouldn't have said that. "What do you mean?" Fred asks with a concerned look. "He had detention and came back outside her office with some sort of scar on his hand. But he won't tell me what happened, he said that it was nothing to worry about." Not that I believe that last part he just said that so I would drop the subject. "Did he go to Dumbledore?" George says. "Are we talking about the same Harry Potter? It's my brother, of course, he didn't." I answer. "I'm tired, you coming, Freddie?" Angelina spoke suddenly. And with that, Fred and Angelina disappear into Fred and Georges's room.  "Looks like I'm sleeping here tonight," George says with a sign knowing how 'tired' his brother and his girlfriend were when they 'sleep' together. "You can sleep with me if you want." Lee comments. "You sure, mate?" George asks. "Of course, George," Lee says. I look between the two boys, I know Lee has fancied George for a while now he just won't admit it.

Whenever I try to bring it up he acts like he can't hear me. He puts his fingers in his ears while singing "Lalala, I can't hear you with your lies." It's quite annoying and childish but I would probably do the same if he would say I fancy someone. "You coming bell?" George asks as he stands up to go to Lee's bedroom. "I'm going to stay up for a little longer, Night," I say while I'm reaching for a book that was on the table. "Don't stay up too late, okay?" George says. "Don't worry, George. I won't"

I know he's been concerned about me for the past few months. I can't blame him though. I sleep and eat less. It's not that I do it on purpose, I don't feel like sleeping or eating lately, especially not now I'm sharing a room with Hermione and Ginny. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure they are nice to my brother, it's just a little obvious that I'm not their favourite twin. I'm happy that most of the time they just ignore me, unlike some other girls. I don't know if it's because of the way I look or the way I act but for some reason, none of the girls here really seem to like me. the girls in my own house are angels in comparison with the Slytherin girls. Not that there was any difference from what they were saying but Griffendores were at least kind enough to not say shit about me when I was around. But the only girls who dared to say it in my face were the Ravenclauws, that's why I love them so much. Okay yhea, they are being mean but at least they say it in my face and not behind my back. The worst thing that the Hufflepuff girls do is roll their eyes when I say something but they never really call me any names which I'm grateful for. George is the only person who knows how I feel about it. Well, I didn't actually tell him, he kind of found out when I broke down 2 years ago, but ever since then he has always watched out for me and stood up for me. He's there when I need him and, as much as he hates it, He never told anyone, not even Fred. That's what makes George my best friend. For everyone, besides George, I keep up my courage and try to stay strong like nothing was wrong. Even my own brother doesn't know, but that's probably because they can all be nice to me when the 'famous Harry Potter' is around. luckily the guys like me though otherwise, I would've had no one in this castle. I don't know what it is but the boys don't seem to have a problem with me since 4th year.

So here I am in the common room, alone, at midnight, thinking about my years here at Hogwarts. The past 4 years and the next 3. thinking about the friends I have and hoping that the people who aren't a part of that group will come around soon. Because as much as I hate to admit it, it hurts me. It hurts how they talk about me. It hurts how they hate me without really knowing me. It hurts that they see me for something I'm not. And it hurts that it's probably my fault. It breaks me knowing that these same girls are so kind to everyone else. It breaks me even more that it bothers me this much. What did I do wrong? Am I really that flirty all the time? Is that why the boys don't have a problem? Am I a slut? A whore? No of course not, Bella. Of course, I'm not. Right?