Chapter 9

Hogwarts had been a living hell these past few days. Since Umbridge had too much power for everyone's liking. How long would it take her to convince the minister that she should be the headmaster of Hogwarts? And if that wasn't enough to handle right now, I haven't talked to Fred ever since... Yhea... you know. It's not that I don't want to talk about it with him, he's the one who's trying everything to avoid me. I didn't even do anything, he's the one who slammed his lips against mine, I had nothing to do with it except being the one that he decided to kiss. It has been two days since Fred and Angelina broke up. 48 hours since the kiss between me and Fred. I haven't talked to anyone about it, and I won't until I talk to Fred. I need to know what it meant first, then I can tell other people what happened. 

As I look for Fred, I hear students talking and making their way to the court. "Harry, what is this?" I ask him as I make my way to his side. "I don't know." He answers. "Cho?!" He spots Cho Chang and runs over to her "W- what's going on?" He asks her. "It's Professor Trelawney." She answered my brother and without another word, we walked until we could see what was happening. In the middle of the court stood Professor Trelawney in fear as Flich brings her luggage. I stand next to George and my brother and watch how Umbridge comes to stand in front of the professor. "16 years, Hogwarts is my home. Y-you can't do this." She pleads to Umbridge who doesn't look like she cares about anything Trelawney has to say. "actually, I can" She says holding a paper and giving her a fake sweet smile. Trelawney is shaking while trying to hold back her tears. Professor McGonagall runs over to the professor to hold her and calm her down. "Something you'd like to say, dear?" Umbridge asks McGonagall. "Oh, there are several things I would like to say." The witch answers. And at that moment Dumbledore walks in. "Professor McGonagall." He starts. "May I ask you to take Sybilla back inside?" He asks the professor. "Thank you," Trelawney says to Dumbledore. "Thank you, headmaster." She shakes his hand thankfully and walks back inside with McGonagall. "Dumbledore?" Umbridge starts talking to the headmaster. "May I remind you that under the terms of educational decree number 23 as enacted by the minister--" She starts but gets interrupted by Dumbledore himself. "You have the right to dismiss my teachers. You do not have the authority to banish them from the ground, that power remains with the headmaster." He states. "For now," Umbridge says calmly still wearing that fake smile. Dumbledore looks around and as he walks back inside he yells to the students, "Don't you all have studying to do?" And with that, everyone starts to leave. Harry runs the same way as Dumbledore calling him while I run towards the boy that I spotted a few seconds ago.

"Fred!" I scream his name but he ignores it and walks away. I follow him at full speed, afraid to lose him in the crowd. I follow him through the hallways, pushing other students out of the way, still calling out his name, and then I finally reach him. I grabbed his arm and turned him around so he would look at me. "Can we talk?" I ask him desperately. "Sorry, I've got to study." He answers and tries to get away but I just pull him back by his arm. "And since when do you study?" I ask him. Did he really think that he could get away with an excuse as bad as this one? He might have well told me that he had to fight a 4 headed dragon with 8 legs somewhere in Alaska. "Mom had sent me an owl yesterday to tell me that I have to pass this year, and I don't fancy dying anytime soon so if you'd excuse me," he states, again trying to get out of my grip but I just tight my hand around his biceps. "We both know that Molly has given up on trying to get you and George to study a long time ago, everyone has," I argue back. I let go of his arm and sighed deeply. "Look, if you don't want anything to do with me just tell me, then I know what I want to know and we can both move on with our lives," I say trying to hold back my emotions as I do so. And there we stood, me waiting for what he was going to say and him not saying anything. He does nothing he isn't moving or talking he just stares at me. I sign and turn around to leave but before I can walk away he grabs my wrist and drags me through the hallways. "Where are we going?" I ask him but he doesn't bother to answer me.

After a little walk, we arrived in the common room. He drags me up the stairs into the room he shares with his brother, who is sitting on his bed. "Hey, guys," George says probably feeling the tension between me and his twin brother. "George, can you leave us alone for a moment please?" Fred asks his brother. "Yhea, sure." George stands up and leaves closing the door behind him. I turned back to Fred to see that he was already looking at me. "I can't tell you, Bella." Fred starts. I look at him with a puzzled look. What can't he tell me? "I can't tell you why I kissed you. I can't tell you why I did it I just know that I did. And I'm sorry, I'm sorry that I can't answer you and I'm sorry if it made you uncomfortable." He apologised to me. "Fred--" I start but I don't know what else I'm supposed to say. Did he regret it? Of course, he does, why else would he apologize?  "I'm sorry, Bella. I hope that we can just forget about this and that it doesn't affect our friendship, because you're one of my closest friends and I don't want something stupid as this to ruin it." He says after a short awkward silence. Something stupid, nothing more Bella. Just a stupid mistake that we should forget about. Something that can't and won't ever happen again. That's all that it was, was it? Who am I kidding? Of course, it wasn't. Not for me. It was so much more for me. Why was it so much more for me? And why can't Fred see that? Was it nothing more than a stupid mistake for him? How can I ever just "forget this"? I'd wanted to kiss those lips for years, and now it finally happened and it was nothing more than a stupid mistake to him. I feel tears appearing in my eyes. I can't break down, not here, not in front of him. I have to go. I need to get out of this room.  "Yhea, let's just forget about it," I say trying not to sound like I'm about to break down. I turn around and walk out of the room, not knowing where to go I run out of the common room running to somewhere where I can break down in peace, and alone.