Chapter 12

I'm lying on my bed, awake in the dark. I look at the clock, 2 AM. Sighing, I turn my head, looking back at the ceiling. I've been unable to sleep ever since the kiss I shared with one of my best friends, I have too many thoughts on my mind. The first night the biggest question was why. Now there isn't a question, I have the answers, well most of them. My mind is only filled with sadness and anger. Not at him, at myself. For thinking that there was something between Fred and me, for thinking that he could like me that way, for getting hope.

I stand up, knowing that sleep won't hit me anytime soon. As quietly as possible, I walked across the room, stopping in my tracks when one of the girls started mumbling, when I knew she was still in dreamland I slowly walked to the door. The common room is quiet, which is normal at this time of night. I sit on the couch across the fireplace, looking into the flames like something was about to happen. I hear someone coming downstairs, but don't bother to turn around. "What are you doing up this late." A deep voice that I knew all too well asks. "I can ask you the same question," I answer, earning a little chuckle from the boy who's now sitting next to me. "Yeah, but you didn't. So answer my question, Bell." He states casually, causing a little smile on my lips. God, why does he have to be so attractive?  "I couldn't sleep, so I came downstairs," I answer him, trying not to think about what happened the last time we were alone in the common room. "Your turn to answer the question. Why are you here at this hour?" I ask curiously, even though I know that he probably just couldn't sleep either. "Couldn't sleep either," Like I didn't know that already. "I came downstairs to work on a prank, but now that you are here, I think we should talk." Well, so far as not thinking about it. "I have a feeling that last time, well... it didn't end how it should have." He states. Not that I didn't know that, but I'm happy he knows it too. "What's there to talk about, Fred? You saw your girlfriend kissing someone else, had your heart broken, and wanted to cheat on her because of your broken heart, and I was there looking not that bad, so you made a move and regretted it. It's a stupid mistake that you made because of your broken heart. We all make them. It's nothing, I understand." I state, wanting this conversation to be over.

"Yeah, you're right. I made a stupid mistake, but it wasn't because of a broken heart." He says slowly. Well, if my heart wasn't already broken, it sure would've been now. "I made a mistake because I was afraid of getting my heart broken." I have no idea if we're still talking about the same thing. What in the bloody hell is he trying to s-. My thoughts are interrupted by the familiar feeling of his soft lips on mine. Before my mind could process what was happening, the feeling was gone. I don't know when I closed my eyes, but I slowly opened them again, only to be met with a slightly rosy-cheeked redhead. What the hell just happened? Why would he kiss me again? Weren't we talking about what a stupid mistake it was like 10 seconds ago? It's quiet. Should I say something?