Chapter 10

I sit on the astronomy tower, my legs dangling over the edge, a cold breeze running through my hair, as the tears are streaming down my face. I don't know why it bothers me this much. I just know that the fact that the kiss we shared meant nothing to him hurts me more than anything. I had felt pain before, physical and mental, but it was nothing compared to this. It feels like someone took my heart out of my chest, stabbed it a hundred times, threw it against the floor, stamped on it, and put it back in my chest. "Oh, hey Bell. I was looking for you and some first years sa-" I hear George from behind me getting closer and stopping his sentence as he sees the tears in my eyes. "Bella? What happened? Come here." He takes a seat next to me and throws his big strong arms around me. He tries to calm me down as I'm crying on his shoulder.

After a few seconds (maybe minutes) I finally calmed down a little. I pull away from George's embrace to look at him and dry my tears with the back of my hand. "What happened? Why're you crying?" George asked quietly. "I- it's F- Fre." I stutter in response, not able to hold back my sobs. "Fred? Wha- what did he do?" George asks anxious, not wanting to believe that his own twin brother is the reason for my tears. "We kissed." I sob earning a shocked look from my best friend. "What?! When? Who? Well, I know the last one but- what?" He asks shocked, which I could understand. "2 days ago. I- in the co-common room." I say.  "2 DAYS AGO?! So my best friend and twin brother kissed 2 bloody days ago, and not ONE of them felt the need to tell me anything? I've waited for this to happen since forever. And no- wait?" He stops his speech like he just realizes something. "This is good. Why are you crying? I thought you liked him?" He asks worriedly. "I do but, h-he" I start but amn't able to finish it as the tears come back in my eyes. "He said it m- meant n- nothing t-to him." I cry out. George immediately wraps his arms around me and holds me tight. "I'm so sorry, Bella. He doesn't deserve someone like you." George says after a few moments of silence. "If he doesn't deserve me. Then why am I the one who got turned down?" I cry on his shoulder, knowing that he doesn't have a response to that. But it was the truth. Fred isn't the one crying his eyes out because of me, is he? If he really is the one who doesn't deserve me, then why am I the one crying? 

After what felt like hours of crying, my eyes were finally dry. I feel tired and try to keep my eyes open. My head is still resting on George's shoulder. He hadn't said a word for the past minutes or so, he just let me cry out on his shoulder. I feel my eyes getting heavier every second. I just want to close them and don't wake up for a couple of hours. I want to close my eyes, wake up and all of this would've been a dream. Fred and I  would never have kissed, and everything was okay between the 2 of us. But unfortunately, I would wake up in the morning, still heartbroken because of a stupid little crush. I close my eyes as I feel my head dropping on George's lap. The last thing I remember is George lightly stroking my hair and saying: "sweet dreams, Bell. I love you." Before placing a little kiss on my temple. And with that, I drift off.