{Edward Nygma Imagine}

𝘽𝙇𝙊𝙊𝘿𝙔 𝙇𝙊𝙑𝙀

You sigh as you drop the case files onto Jim and Harvey's desks, looking at Harvey who was giving the files a dirty look

You sigh as you drop the case files onto Jim and Harvey's desks, looking at Harvey who was giving the files a dirty look. You laugh a little, shaking your head. "I had a look through the files, they all are connected," you say, turning your head towards Jim as he spoke.

"How would they be connected?" Jim asks, raising his brow at you in confusion.

You smile, realizing you know more than the detectives do about the cases. "Each victim had a few things in common," you start, gesturing to the files. 

"Each of them were wealthy, they were murdered in the same ways, and each victim was found dead two years apart from the other." You hear someone say from behind you, causing you to turn around and see your best friend standing there with an adorable grin on his face.

Ed gives you a challenging look, and you respond by sticking your tongue out at him. This is an everyday thing for you and Nygma, trying to beat each other to informing the detectives on different cases; it turned into a game, and the two of you have fun playing it.

"I could have said that myself, Nygma," you joke, turning your head to give him a glare.

"You're both right anyways," Jim says, looking up at you from the files laying open on his desk. "These cases are all connected and closed, except for one," he states.

Harvey reads through the file, then looks up at his partner. "The murder happened last night, abandoned building, exact time as the other victims." His voice is raspy, as usual. "Possible copy cats?" He suggests.

"Or the killer has framed others and is still out there," Jim retorts, shrugging his shoulders. "Y/L/N, see if you and Nygma can find out anymore information on this," he says, looking up at you expectantly. "Harvey and I will check out the crime scene."

You nod your head, smiling at Jim respectfully. "Yes sir!" You say, jokingly saluting him as you watch the partners stand and prepare to leave. You turn to face Ed as the two detectives leave the station. "So, how do you think we should start?" You ask.

Ed thinks for a moment, then lifts his head up with a grin on his face as he gets an idea. "I need to grab one last file, I'll be back," he says, before turning and making his way to the file room.

You sigh in irritation. You know exactly why Nygma wanted to go grab another file: Miss Kringle. You hate her guts, hate the way she treats your best friend; like he's garbage. It hurt to know how much he liked her, because you have feelings for him, just will never admit it. You despised how much you show your liking towards him, but he continues to be oblivious to it and keeps trying to get with the woman who has no respect for him.

You jump in surprise when you hear a loud gunshot echo through the station, your eyes growing wide as you look around to find the source of the shot. A scream sounded, and you feel yourself get tackled onto the floor, realizing the loud scream came from you. You move around frantically, panicking to get the person off of you; until you notice it is Ed, he saved your life.

Ed keeps you held down until the station calmed down, with the shooter in custody. He moves over onto his back, gasping for breath as he stares at the ceiling.

You look down and notice the blood soaking his clothes, jumping up and immediately placing something on the wound to help him. "Ed you need to stay awake, okay? Just stay with me," you say, slight panic clear in your tone even when you made an attempt to hide it.

Ed turns his head to look up at you, his lips curve into a small smile as he lifts his hand to your cheek. "You're beautiful, Y/N/N," he says, his eyes growing droopy. "I love you," he mutters, his smile becoming wider.

"I need some help over here!" You shout at those nearby, keeping your eyes on the man laying on the floor.

Ed looks as if he is passing out, only for his eyes to shoot open and he forcefully laughs. "I think I may need some stitches," he says jokingly, letting out another laugh.

You shake your head as a few officers hurry in your direction to help carry Ed to the medical room for treatment. You follow the officers into the room, allowing for them to lay him on the table to be taken care of. You watch the doctor treat him, your mind only thinking of one thing he said to distract yourself: I love you. You just wish you both were not in a near death situation where you could respond with: I love you too, Edward Nygma.