Chapter 16, Escaping

Meanwhile Hinata went outside for a bit fresh air. He suddenly thought of the conversation he had with Iwaizumi earlier. Hinata wanted to do some research about the criminal organisation Iwaizumi told him about. He went back inside and asked if there were any computers. ''Yeah, but only in the room where the hostages are. Why do you need them?'' Oikawa asked Hinata. ''I wanna do some research, that's all.'' Oikawa walked him to the room were Kageyama, Kuroo and Tsukishima were. ''Don't spend too much time researching, ok? And don't go to close to the hostages,'' Oikawa said as he locked the door behind Hinata. Hinata sat down at the big office chair and turned on one of the computers. He noticed that the hostages were asleep, but Kageyama woke up because of the noise the computer made. ''What are you doing?'' he asked. ''Why would I tell you?'' Hinata replied grumpy. Kageyama tried to see what was on the screen, but he couldn't really see it. ''Hinata,'' Kuroo slowly opened his eyes, ''what are you doing?'' ''None of your business, idiot.'' Hinata pretended that they weren't there, but a few minutes later he suddenly felt a hand on his shoulder. ''Wait, how did you...'' Hinata turned around and saw the three of them, untied. ''It was easy,'' Kuroo replied. Kageyama looked at the computer screen and read what Hinata had found. ''So you found it out, huh?'' Kuroo said as he turned the computer off. ''Hey!'' Hinata turned it back on again, but Tsukishima had already pulled out the power plug. Hinata felt someone holding his hands on his back and covering his mouth. ''Sorry, but we're gonna take you back, Shoyo-kun,'' Kuroo said as he bent down to Hinata's level. Hinata wanted to scream and kicked around. Kageyama and Tsukishima quietly took Hinata to the hallway as Kuroo made sure no one saw them. Hinata struggled a lot, so Tsukishima grabbed the nearest object, which happened to be a vase, and hit Hinata with it. ''Why did you hit him with a vase?'' Kageyama whispered. ''Well, at least now he doesn't struggle.'' Kageyama sighed as he lifted Hinata up and carried him on his back. ''What was that noise?'' they suddenly heard someone ask. ''Shit, how do we get out of here?'' Tsukishima and Kageyama looked around and noticed an open window at the end of the hallway. They slowly walked towards it, but they got noticed before they reached it. ''Hey, the hostages are escaping!'' Before they knew it both Kageyama and Tsukishima got taken down. ''Where's the third one?'' Iwaizumi asked. ''I don't know, but at least Hinata is still here.'' They pushed Kageyama's unconscious body away and took Hinata. 

In the meantime, Kinoshita's broken leg was being treated by Tendo. Tendo carefully wrapped some bandage around Kinoshita's leg and also put on some sort of splint on his leg for support. ''Why are you so quiet all of a sudden, Hisashi-kun?'' Tendo asked. Kinoshita didn't reply. ''Can you at least say thank you for taking care of your broken leg?'' Tendo teased. Kinoshita shook his head in irritation. ''I thought you mentioned earlier that you're a police officer in training. Why don't you contact someone or try to escape?'' ''Because in this situation that's not the smartest option,'' Kinoshita replied, trying to sound clever. ''I see. Then what's your plan?'' Kinoshita frowned as he turned his head away from Tendo. ''Why would I tell you?'' ''I don't know. Maybe you would be stupid enough to tell me, but apparently you aren't. I might have underestimated you. I thought you were the kind of person who tries to come off as tough and brave when they're actually almost pissing their pants.'' Kinoshita's baffled face told Tendo that he actually was like that. ''But there is nothing to be afraid of, right? I mean what is worse than someone breaking your leg?'' Kinoshita's baffled face turned into a face that said 'are you kidding me?'. ''You're pretty easy to read though. I mean I'm 99% sure that I can predict what you're gonna do.'' ''Are you sure about that?'' Kinoshita stared right into Tendo's shuttered eyes and then tried to grab Tendo's gun, which was on ther small coffee table, but Tendo predicted that move and grabbed it before Kinoshita could. ''Told you,'' Tendo said in an undertone. ''I'm sure you can't read everything I do. I mean what do you think I'll do to get out of here?'' Tendo thought for a few seconds. ''You would probably gain trust first, then try to get someone to let you outside for 'fresh air', but you'll actually try to take that person down and escape. A pretty dumb idea though.'' Kinoshita's mouth was wide open. ''I-impossible.'' A slight smile, not really friendly, appeared on Tendo's face. ''As I said, you're easy to read, Hisashi-kun.'' Kinoshita looked down. ''Do you really think you'll become a good police officer if you get kidnapped this easily?'' Sakusa walked in, sitting down next to Kinoshita. ''I'm still training,'' Kinoshita said. ''How long have you been training?'' ''For about 3 months now.'' Tendo bursted out in laughter. ''What's so funny, Tendo?'' Sakusa asked with a serious face. ''I expected him to be trained for maybe a week or 2. Just how unexperienced are you, Hisashi-kun?''