Chapter 5

Katniss POV.
After what feels like forever of crying me and Peeta are both out of tears, and energy.
I stand up, so does Peeta.
"What time is it?"
I look at the clock "4:15 pm" I say.
"Already?" He asks. His voice is still hoarse from all the crying but so is mine.
"Yeh, I guess" I myself am pretty impressed also. How have we been crying all this time? Not that I really mind, it is so good to have Peeta back. I thought the real him had dead, to never come back. That is what they told me in 13, but they were mistaken. Like some sort of miracle, Peeta managed to come back to me, and this time I didn't want to let go. I smile.
"Do you want to stay?" I ask a litle too fast. "For dinner I mean." I say looking down at my foot.
Peeta smiles widely, wich makes my grin get bigger. How much I missed that smile.
"I'd love to." he says sweetly, just like my Peeta.
"Good" I say. I can feel the atmosphere getting awkwarder.
We both go sit on the couch, it stays silent for a minute, until I ask:
"When did you arrive to 12? I thought you weren't coming back this soon."
"I arrived this morning actually. More like dawn, to be clear. I was going to my house, but when I got in I had this odd feeling that I couldn't stay one more second in that house. So I went on a walk in the woods." he says.
"Oh. I also can't stand being in this house either." I say. "I was scared I was the only one." I say.
"You're not the only. We're in this together, right." Peeta asks sincerely.
"Together." I say.
It really is better to have someone that understands you on your side, and Peeta does. I really hope we stay together.
Suddenly I remember I don't have food, what are we going to dinner?
'How stupid'I mumble.
"What?" Peeta asks.
"Did I say it outloud."
"No I just read minds." Peeta says sarcasticly. I punch his arm playfully. "Seriously, what is it?" He asks.
"I don't have food so we can't have dinner."
"No big deal, we can always go bother Haymitch" Peeta says. I smile.
"That's a great idea. Why dont we go there now?" I say.
and with no more words we stand up and go to Haymitch's. We knock but nobody answers the door só we just come in.
"HAYMITCH." I yell
"IN THE LIVING ROOM." I hear him answer.
I'm kind of impressed he isn't passed out in some corner.
Haymitch is say on the sofa watching some Capitol program in the Tv.
As soon as we come in the living room Peeta turns off the Tv.
"What was that for." Haymitch grumbles.
"We want food." I say directly.
"That was not what I asked." Haymitch repeats.
"I don't like televisions." Peeta says calmly.
"Turn it back on." Haymitch argues.
"No." Peeta answers fast.
"Yes."
"No."
"Yes."
The next thing I hear is a bang and the Tv on the ground.
"No." Peeta says. He seems really mad. I don't understand, Peeta was never someone get mad easily. And he just broke Haymitch's Tv.
I was expecting Haymitch to be yelling at Peeta and what not, but he reacted really nicely, thought I could see he was really annoyed.
"So you want food, huh?" He says.
He stands up and goes to the kitchen, me and Peeta follow.
Haymitch goes to the pantry and comes back with two loaves of bread.
"Are you two going to help setting the table or what?" He asks.
"Oh, yeah." I say.
Me and Peeta start setting the table but as soon as Peeta picks up the plates, they fall from his hands, and shatter to pieces.
"Oh, sorry." Peeta says looking at the ground. He kneel down to start cleaning.
"Just leave it." Haymitch says very annoyed, right now.
"Okay." Peeta says quietly.
He comes and sits in the table, by my side.
we all start eating some left over Haymitch had, though I have no idea what it is. Hey, I'm actually eating.
Everything is quiet for a few minutes until Haymitch speaks up:
"So Peeta, how's your recovery going?"
Peeta shrugs "Good, I guess." He says quietly.
"Well, you did come back earlier then what you expected." Haymitch insists.
"Yeh, but that doesn't mean anything. Maybe they just wanted to get rid of me." He says.
Haymitch rolls his eyes and I'm starting to feel uncomfortable with this.
After everyone finishes eating, Peeta stands up and leaves without one word.
"Ok" I mumble.
Haymitch sights and stands up.
"I really hate to see him like that."
"Like what?" I ask.
Haymitch raised one eyebrow. "Are you that oblivious?"
I look at the ground.
"He really looked better when I saw him." I say quietly.
"When I spoke to his doctor he said that mood swings were very usual and he would probably have a hard time controlling his feelings."
"Oh. I'm going back home." I say.
"Katniss, promise me you're going to try to get better. For me, for Peeta." Haymitch says.
"I promise." I give him one last sad smile before leaving back home.
And I will give my best, but I dont know if I can do this by myself.