Chapter 8 ~ Lying

"You know what the worst thing was? When he told me he wouldn't train me for the tournament. Then I knew I was dead." Marie was barely listening as she ran with Daniel and Jessica, her mind elsewhere.

"What a drag." Jessica said, shaking her head.

Marie wasn't happy with Jessica dragging her teacher without fully understanding Mr Miyagi's reasoning. Of course, Marie didn't agree with Mr Miyagi not teaching Daniel, but she wasn't going to give him crap for it.

"Let me get some water. I'm dying of thirst." Daniel stopped running and walked over to a water fountain.

"You can't swallow." Jessica said as she stood besides Daniel, making Marie's nails dig into her arm.

"I know."

"You can't keep stopping like this. You gotta build up your wind." Marie stated, trying to sound normal.

"So bonehead can knock more out of me?" Marie sighed, shaking her head.

"You gotta have more confidence."

"Remember you are the champion." Jessica added.

"Yeah, I'd like to forget it." Suddenly, an unfamiliar car holding a familiar face pulled up, making Marie frown more.

"Jessica, this is..." Daniel clearly couldn't remember Terry Silvers name, but Terry didn't seem to mind. "Sorry, what's your name?"

"Terry Silver." Terry spoke, flashing a smile. It made Marie very uneasy.

"Terry Silver, this is Jessica Andrews." Daniel introduced.

"You training for the Olympics?" Terry asked, making Daniel shake his head.

"No, it's a tournament."

"The one you won last year? What's it called?" Terry asked.

"The All Valley." Marie answered, unimpressed.

"Right. Good for you. A champion should defend his title." Marie watched Terry Silver with a suspicious glare, keeping it hidden enough where it wasn't obvious. "John Kreese told me you had a lot of heart. Listen, do you know how to front sweep?"

"Not really." Daniel replied.

"Learn. Most tournament guys are suckers for the front sweep. You can catch them every time. Ask your Mr. Miyagi. He'll show you." Terry Silver replied.

"I'm kind of training for this one myself." Daniel spoke sheepishly.

"That's too bad. I got a good book on sweep techniques. I'll drop it off for you sometime." Looks like Marie was going to see Terry Silver once again, which made her very uncomfortable.

"Great!" Daniel replied with a smile.

"Nice to meet you, Jessica. You ladies take care of our champion." Terry flashed both Marie and Jessica a smile.

"All right, I will. 'Bye." Marie practically growled at Jessica as Terry Silver drove away, glaring at the ground.

"That was a nice offer about the book." Jessica stated.

"Are you ready to go?" Marie didn't want to talk about Terry Silver anymore.

"Yeah, let's go."

~ ~ ~ ~

"Jessica, those look great." Marie spoke cooly, tracing a finger over the pots in Jessica's hands. The logo was etched perfectly on the pots, impressing both Marie and Mr Miyagi quite a bit.

"Thanks. I'm really happy with how they ended up." The sound of a car door slamming shut made Marie turn before smiling as Daniel ran up the steps. "Hey Daniel." Jessica's tone immediately changed as Daniel arrived, annoying Marie.a