His Disabled Princess Chapter 12

Harley groaned as the glass slipped from her hand, breaking into a million pieces.

Tears clouded her vision as she noticed Hayes enter the kitchen.

"Harls- are you okay?" He asked worriedly as he scanned her body for injuries.

"I'm sorry" she cried as he examined the messy kitchen.

"Hey, hey you got nothing to be sorry about" he cooed at her making her cry even harder.

"Nothing to be sorry about? Hayes I can't even make you breakfast, I can use my hands" se yelled in frustration.

She was done being useless. She was done being just a decoration in the corner. She was done being that fragile scarred little girl.

Everytime she closed her eyes she pictured her falling to her doom. She should have died. Why was she living? Why were her legs taken away? Did she deserve it? Probably. The voices in her head were telling her to quit. To accept the fact that she was broken.

"Harls I know you might feel useless right now but you're strong, you're bound to go through some challenges, maybe this is one of them" he explained softly.

"I can't- I give up" she whispered.

"Never, I know you're strong Harley, stronger than you will ever know" he smiled softly making her nod.

"C'mon go take a bath and I'll make breakfast" he cooed.

"No" she shook her head "let me help"

He grinned softly as he nodded, throwing her an apple.

"How about something healthy?" He smirked.

His Disabled Princess

"How do I look?" Harley asked as she looked down.

Her hair was in two braids that got to her thighs, she wore an off shoulder white shirt with little patterns on it and a jeans skirt.

"Like a princess, no- like the bravest girl I know" he grinned trying to brighten her day.

"Thanks" she mumbled weakly "I don't deserve you"

"Of course you don't deserve me, you deserve soo much more" he whispered softly pulling her into a hug.

She smiled against his chest as she placed her head on it, liking the safety and warmth she found in his arms.

"Okay c'mon we have to get to school" he reminded her making her roll her eyes.

He led her to the car and he started the engine. She rolled her eyes as she watched his legs.

Their dad taught him to drive a car and she always admired how smoothly he drove.

"You can stop staring at my legs with envy you know" Hayes chuckled, his Italian accent thick like her's.

She rolled her eyes and jumped out of his car, surprised that she didn't fall to the ground. Maybe she was getting the hang of this.

She smiled as Lilac waved at her, pulling her into a bone crushing hug.

"I missed you" she said truthfully.

"Missed you too" Harley chuckled.

Hayes placed a kiss on his girlfriend's cheek as they entered the school.

Harley looked around, hoping to see Jace but her frown dropped when she didn't see him.

"I haven't seen him today he must be late" Lilac explained, as if reading her best friend's mind.