His Disabled Princess Chapter 14

Harley bit her lip as she contemplated knocking on his door or going back home.

Going home was probably her best option right now since her nerves were on edge but she had to fix her mess.

She had to fix things with her boyfriend.

She knocked confidently, trying to push every inch of nervousness out of her body.

The door slowly opened and as soon as she heard his deep yet soothing voice her nerves calmed.

"Yes grandma, I'll try to visit more often" he paused "with Harley? Oh sure"

Her heart broke and she cleared her throat making him shift his attention from his phone to his girlfriend.

"Harley?" he asked, baffled.

He loved her surprise but what was she doing at his apartment at seven thirty pm.

"I-I'm going to have to talk to you later grandma" he said into the phone "I love you- bye"

He ended the call immediately and stared at Harley, soaking in her features.

She was in a short brown dress with white dots and white sneakers.

Her brown hair was open and her blue eyes held nervousness.

"Hey" he smiled "you look- breathtaking"

Her cheeks were stained with a red blush and she giggled.

"Thanks" she smiled "I wanted to talk"

He scratched the back of his neck nervously and motioned for her to take a seat on his couch, sitting in an armchair opposite of her.

"I'm sorry" they said at the same time making Jace chuckle.

Her heart fluttered at the amazing sound and she mentally scolded herself for ignoring him.

Hayes was right! She was stupid.

"Go first," she said nervously.

"I'm sorry for ignoring you- I-I just" he took a deep breath, his eyes watering.

"You don't have to say anything" she said, holding his hand in hers.

Gosh, even their hands were made for each other.

"No" he said sternly "I'll feel better- Google recommends it"

She smiled.

"I lost my- someone very dear to me five years ago yesterday" he explained "I'm trying to heal and move on but my heart hurts- too much, it's like I can't breathe, like I'm breathing not alive"