Chapter 11 - What's stronger? Loyalty or Blood?

~ Previously ~ His face showed his exhaustion from our little dance, but what froze Shadow and I was the emotions of pain, guilt, regret, shock, remorse, sadness, and most of all, recognition. I gasped when he began to cry, his face screwed up like he just witnessed someone he loved die. Shadow and I shared a very confused glance before we looked back at him. "K-Kaori?" ~

I raised my eyebrows in confusion, "I'm sorry, who?". I waited a minute before shaking my head, "Forget it. I don't care who," I closed the distance between Hawks and I, with my wings out making me faster. He didn't fight back at all so we ended up with my knee in between his legs, and my hidden blade against his neck. He completely raised his hands up in surrender, his eyes still scrunched up in emotions. I gasped at his actions, "Giving up already? Wow, would've thought you'd put a little bit more fight into it," I remarked. He calmly looked up into my eyes, his eyes filled with tears, "I will not fight my little sister," he declared. I froze, "Hold the fuck up. Little sister?! I'm not your little sister, bud. I think you have the wrong person," I chuckled lightly, but the position of my blade didn't waver. "If so, then show me your right shoulder," he said, trying to calm his emotions. I stiffened,

he doesn't know does he..? It's probably just a coincidence right that he mentioned the right shoulder? He couldn't possibly know about the scar, right?  

Shadow: Yeah totally. It's totally just a coincidence...

"You should have a cut-like scar that covers a horizontal line at the top of your right arm by the shoulder bone," Hawks explained. I stiffened even more, a small gasp escaped my lips. "H-how d-do y-you know t-that?" I muttered, my eyes wide. I slowly retracted my blade in shock, it slid back into its case as I slowly backed off of him. My wings fluttered to get me up faster. "I gave it to you a month before you were kidnapped from our home. I was messing around with my feathers and one slid past your arm on accident, cutting you," he explained slowly getting up, our eyes didn't get off of each other. I panicked, my breathing becoming uneven.

Kidnapped? You mean my whole life was a lie...?  

Shadow: He has to have proof! He can't just say that!  

As if me living with the scar my whole life wasn't enough, I wanted to check for myself that his story made sense. I struggled to push my sleeve up my arm so that I could see my scar. He watched my every movement with curiosity. Once I succeeded I stared at the horizontal slit across the top of my right arm, by the shoulder bone, exactly like he described.  

Someone can't just guess that right? That knowledge is not known to the public, neither is it even known throughout the assassin world! Only Kana, and Hisoka knew... Was everything really all a lie...? 

Shadow: We've been wondering this whole time...

"I was ten years old at the time you were kidnapped, you were three," he continued to say, like he was remembering a bad memory. I held up my hands with rushed panic, "N-no, that c-can't be true. I-I - that wasn't in those forms. You had no recorded s-sister." "Right, because I hid that information from the Commission. I always thought you were dead... our mother died after giving birth to you," he continued to explain. I placed my hand over my mouth, trying hard to remember anything, something. But if his story was right, there was no way I would know if he was. I was three, and I vaguely remember Keigo. "Kei," I mumbled, just as shocked by the word as Keigo was. "T-that's what you c-called me... it was your first word... you-you remember?" he asked, happy tears in his eyes. I lowered my sleeve, my face filled with confusion. "I-I d-don't know... I just randomly thought of that name..." I said.

Shadow: Everything's lining up Dove... the reason why you come up with nicknames for everyone. The reason why our Quirk doesn't work on him. The reason why our feathers follow the same pattern. The reason why we recognized him the first time we saw him. The scar history...