Chapter 20 - Blackblade Pt. 2

I found myself following Taigen and Ryuji through the underground tunnel to their lair not a week later from the initial dealing. I felt proud that this was working so quickly. I hoped it would but this was working faster than I thought. I had a stinking feeling that Blackblade wouldn't show himself or his real hideout until several meetings to follow. I could feel it in my bones. I hoped that I could get lucky and meet him tonight, but I still wouldn't be able to end the mission until I figured out the location of Blackblade's daughter. I needed to find out more of the organization, their size, their numbers, their hideouts, and most of all, the true leaders and the most troublesome members. I could only imagine what kind of Quirks the organization could have. I hoped they weren't too powerful, but I wouldn't know until I discovered more about the members. "Are you nervous?" Taigen asked me as I followed him through the dark. I gave him a flashing convincing smile, "Not at all. I'm interested in your organization. I heard on the streets that you guys were big but I'm curious to know what rumors were true." Taigen flashed me a smile back, Ryuji seemed completely uninterested in our conversation. Not that I could blame him though, he was just a hitman. His encounters with the organization are limited since he protects the lieutenants and meets anyone he must take care of. Taigen nodded as we turned the corner of the hallway. I made sure to stay between them, a little bit behind them to make sure they don't realize I've been here before. The hallway was now lit up with the lantern Taigen held. I followed them until we got to the door, he opened it and led us inside. My eyes went wide as I took in the exterior. It was a lot bigger than I had remembered, or maybe it was the decorations that decorated the large room and walls now that caused it to look bigger. It was bright and expensive looking from before. The table was still there only now it was decorated with a tablecloth and the dinner set up. The room now had couches and rugs, food and drinks. I found myself staring at all the bright colors, it almost made the room look like a grand hall in a mansion or castle. There were a lot more people decorating the room too. An array of white blondes to black haired males. Rai and another female with curly red hair were the only females. But I knew, as I searched the crowd that Blackblade and his daughter weren't here.

Shadow: They might appear later...

True but I doubt it.

Shadow: Yeah.

"Like what you see?" Taigen's voice behind me startled me back to the present. I smirked at him, "This is amazing! Is this really everyone?" I asked. He smirked back but I saw the slight moment of alarm and defensiveness. I brushed it off, "I'm not an undercover cop, Taigen. Trust me, I wouldn't be this calm if I was. I would have been scared that you would find out so I'd be jumpy. Do you really see me being jumpy?" I questioned, a smile on my face. He shook his head with a smile, "No. I guess not. But this is almost everyone. The only one not here would be the boss, Blackblade." I took quick notice of how he didn't mention Blackblade's daughter.

Do the lieutenants and other members even know of her? Do they know she's the main source for the drugs?

Shadow: The lieutenants probably do, I doubt anyone else does though. Which means...

Which means we'll have to find her through Blackblade himself.

"Really? Hmm, you guys do have a big organization," I commented as he led me towards the crowds of people filling the room. I quickly took in the familiar faces of Arata, their chemist, Rai, Taigen's second falcon, Isao, the head lieutenant, and Namiyo, Isao's first hitman. Then of course, Ryuji and Taigen, that stood with me. Isao's eyes met mine and they lit up, "Aah! Everyone! This is Dove! Our newest seller," he caught everyone's attention making them all turn to me. I blushed but quickly retorted with a, "Newest, bestest, smartest," I winked at Isao who gave me a smirk back. A tall muscular and buff looking man turned towards me, he had blonde hair and red eyes.