Chapter 8: Gone for Good

I ran as fast as I could, dodging rocks and trees by inches. Suddenly, I fall, hurting my ankle. God Damn it! Of course this has to happen now!! I struggle to get back up, and run-limp away. Finally, I fall again, failing to get up this time.

Ba-bump. Ba-bump. Ba-bump.

My heart was beating loud, echoing in the cold, dark night, as I hid in a nearby bush from the man chasing me, he had tried to tell me something... something that I just couldn't grasp.

I could hear him coming towards my hiding spot and suddenly, he caught me. His arms were around me, big and strong.
I screamed.

I kicked as hard as I could, ignoring the throbbing pain in my ankle, screaming.

"HEEEEEELP!!! HELP ME!!! I'VE BEEN KIDNAPPED!!!" I screamed as loud as I could. "SOMEBODY!! ANYBODY!!"

He put his hand over my mouth, attempting to muffle my screams for help and I bit him hard.

"Ouch, you little shit!!" He let me go and I ran again, screaming bloody-murder.

Adrenaline rushed through my veins, pushing me further and further away from him. My feet crunched in the snow, biting my toes with it's icy teeth.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My adrenaline rush wore off and I sat on a log exhausted. I got away... I actually got away... I can't believe I got away.. My ankle throbbed, and was useless. I turned it slightly and winced. I'll live.... Hopefully.

I chuckled to myself. The woods were alive with nocturnal critters milling about. A cicada chirped like a bird somewhere far off to my right and I noticed it was almost dawn.

Drinking in the early morning light and fresh air, I allowed my muscles to relax and fell asleep. Everything would have to wait until later...