Chapter 1: The Break

I, June Lovelace, was just like any other teenaged girl, I had friends, I was popular, I had a purpose, but that all changed when my mom and dad disappeared when I was thirteen.
I remember the day, the air smelled of lavender scented candles, the room, furnished lavishly, was in a warm light. Mom and Dad had just had an argument over money (which was running out) and Mom went outside to calm down. My father went for a drive. I sat in the den waiting solemnly in silence for peace to be brought back to our house, and none came. Hours passed and still, there was so sign of the people who raised me. Had they gone to talk elsewhere? I got up to go outside only to find that both cars were in the gravel driveway and my parents were nowhere to be found. I wrote it off, and trudged back inside where the winter air couldn't bite, curled up on the couch and drifted to sleep.

☆*:.。. o--o .。.:*☆

I woke with a start, my body hot and sweaty. Disoriented and a bit groggy, I went towards my parents room and knocked on the door. No sound. I walked in to an empty bed, everything was strewn about in heaps of cloth and broken lamps. I was unsure of what to do, so I checked the rest of the house searching for any sign of burglary and found none. It was only my parents room left that way. Walking outside, the air clawed at my face, burning it with icy tendrils of wind, and at that moment I swore I'd find out what happened to my parents.