Chapter 4: Murder in the First Degree

I opened the fridge and found the extremities of humans. From heads, to toes, fingers, feet, etc. The smell gave me pain. I closed the door immediately, gagging at the mutilated sight I had just bear witness to. I slid onto the floor, completely speechless. WHAT IN GOD'S NAME HAD I JUST SEEN?! My mind kept going back to the fridge, the rotting parts of that body, cold and black.
I got up and scurried out of the kitchen, and found myself starting to wander around the cabin, avoiding the kitchen at every turn.

I ventured into a hallway, counting the number of doors, and then going back to check them. The first one was locked, and I thought I had heard screaming, the second was open, a single bed left messy, and nothing else, and last was the door at the very end. Hesitantly, I opened it. As I recall, it was a dark room even with lights, the bed had a bear skin over the comforter, shelves covered the walls. Decorated with.... Souvenirs? I looked closer at the things that covered the shelves and was appalled. You know how you see the snake with two heads thing in a preservative type liquid? Well, that's basically what it was, but with eyes, ears, and tongues. I left the room wondering what type of sick twisted murderer lived there.

As I crept out if the hallway, I heard the front door make sounds and stopped cold in my tracks. Attempting to even my breathing, I went to go back to the empty bedroom, listening to every sound. All the while hoping someone wouldn't go in there. Screeech! The front door went, and I heard a thumping of foot steps coming in.
I hid in terror under the bed, hoping that the man/woman didn't find me.