Chapter 9: Lost

It was midday when I awoke to the feeling of something licking my face. Groggily, I opened my eyes and saw my little beagle wagging it's tail happily.

"Yogi!!" I exclaimed in joy as I saw my beloved beagle.

I got up and lifted him up into my arms, ecstatic that all was not lost.

"Ohhh, wittle boy!!" I spoke, voice hoarse but playful.

Yogi in my arms, I left my log to go find my home. Where did I go last night?? Is he gone for good??

I looked at my surroundings and saw that everything was the same: logs strewn everywhere, trees covered in snow, the ground blanketed in pillow-like sheets, even the sky told me nothing for it was the same pale blue everywhere.

I saw my tracks from the night before and decided to follow those, hoping I'd find the ones from when I found the cabin in the first place.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I came up to the cabin, Yogi in hand. I saw it in the same awe as I did when I first laid my eyes upon it.

"Hmmm... and I turned right.." I focused on the ground, looking for any sign of the tracks left behind earlier in the... week? I realized that I didn't remember how long I had been held captive by that man. It could've been months and I would've never known.

I inspected the area around the cabin, hoping I could find some sign of my first arrival. The snow was fresh.. damn! I looked around once more. I'm going to have to wing it.