Chapter 12: Questions for Questions

He stormed out. Really? You storm out like a child, you are a grown man... Nasty thoughts rolled through my mind as I sat perplexed on the couch. How could someone that had so much power over me act so immature?

I got up, circling the den until he finally emerged from one of the rooms. I had questions and I wanted them answered. I WOULD have them answered before I accepted any help from this man.

"Welcome back," I stated without lifting my gaze off the floor. He grunted in response. Continuing I said,"I have a few questions for you... whether you want to answer them or not, I am getting my way."

My words hung thick in the air, his eyes avoiding my gaze. "Fine. I will answer your questions." He said, shifting uncomfortably.

"Okay, for starters I want to know your name. I don't care that you wouldn't tell me before. I need to know." I stared at him with intensity, then went on. "I want to know why you thought it was okay to rape me. I want to know why there are rotting bodies sitting in your fridge. Tell me stranger, why do you act so nice when I come back, why do you want to help me now??" Anger. That is what was filling me now. The toxicity filling me to the brim. "And lastly, I want to know why the hell you think it is okay to try and play me for a fool."

Almost instantly he started his response, only a moment of hesitation. "My name is Dom. Short for Dominick. You want to know why I raped you? Heck, I suppose it was just because I could. You looked so cute sitting there all dressed up and pretty." He smirked at me. "The bodies in the fridge are from abduction sites where UFO sighting were reported. They are the remains." Pausing, he looked at me to gauge my response. "I felt almost bad? You come back and look all raggedy and nasty... the clothes that were once so nice are now tattered and covered in filfth. So I suspect your parents were taken and now you are trying to find them. Am I wrong?" I shook my head no and he sighed. "I am not trying to play you as a fool. And I'm sorry my intentions aren't clear."

I was officially baffled and I didn't know what to do. I mean, sure he was being a smart ass about his actions toward me, but he actually started showing sympathy. WOW. I was completely thrown for a loop.

Maybe he did have compassion.