Chapter 2

Beep! Beep!

Jungkook woke up to his loud ringing phone, alarming him to wake up. He turned it off and sat up easily like it's the easiest thing to do. Which it is. This is his daily routine.

Packing his phone, food, water, laptop, clothes, and books into his backpack. He grabbed his jacket and wore his shoes.

He slid his backpack behind him, and he's ready to go.

He opens his window and before he went out, he breathed in the fresh chilly air and looked up at the sky. The stars were out today and the moon shines brighter than any other day Jungkook had a midnight stroll. He smiles in contentment. Stars have always been Jungkook's best friend. Because whenever he's down every night, the stars are always there. And he honestly believes that his grandmother is one of the stars, watching over him as she promised to Jungkook before she passed away. His smile falters at the thought of his grandma but shook off the sad feeling as today he's going to a very special place.

He pushes himself up, slipping his legs past the window, and carefully land on the roof of their veranda. He stands low, almost sitting, to keep his weight light. He looks around to check if anyone is outside their backyard, specifically, his big brother. But while doing that, he stopped as he saw a familiar figure. He frowns.

Oh, it's him. he thought.

Oh yeah, have I mention Jungkook's stupidly cute, newly moved-in neighbor. Park Jimin. In Jungkook's eyes, he sees the latter as an annoying little kid who would definitely gossip about his crush all the time. This is true, he does always hear Jimin's loud squeal from the school hallways. You see, Jungkook often see Jimin at school. And let's just say, Jimin became really popular because of his intelligence, his looks and he's a social butterfly. So he always sees him with his friends, talking and giggling. Jungkook would just roll his eyes every time he sees Jimin. Jungkook used to be so popular. Girls would always drool over him and would try to get in his pants, even guys fall for him! But ever since Jimin enrolled in the same school as him, everything changed. Well, some girls would still gawk at him. He doesn't really care about popularity, he never wants nor ask for it.

But Jungkook REALLY hates Park Jimin.

Jungkook's thoughts got interrupted when flashing lights hits his eyes. He looks up and saw Jimin looking at him, smiling too. The latter waves but Jungkook didn't return it, which made Jimin pouts.

Jungkook scoffs at that. Childish.

Jungkook then carefully makes his way to the end of his roof. He looks down to make sure that the big trash bin is there. Once he saw it there, he hopped down quietly. And hopped down again, landing on the grass of his backyard. He walked towards the broken fence and slip through it.

Midnight strolling was one of his favorite thing to do on his own. He would go to the park, market, amusement park, and the forest. And there are only fewer people since people would be sleeping peacefully on their bed. And honestly, Jungkook sometimes hopes he has someone to join him. The one with who he can have fun with. But Jungkook knows he'll never find that special someone. He has friends and everything, but he still feels lonely.

Jungkook turned to a street where there's a lot of souvenir shops, typically for tourists. He walked and walked, watching the people buy stuff as they pass. He stopped at a certain spot and found what he was looking for right away.

"Jin-Hyung?" Jungkook called as he saw a familiar face.

"Jungkook-ah! how have you been? Going out again?" Seokjin said with a smile.

"I'm good, Hyung. And yes, I am going out." Jungkook replied while looking down at the lamb skewers on display.

"Close your mouth, Kook. The usual?" Jin said, taking out the lamb skewers and fish cake.

"The usual," Jungkook confirms. About to take his wallet out when someone spoke.

"It's on the house, Jk. We earned a lot today." Namjoon, Jin's boyfriend, said while carrying a jug of juice.

"Oh... Okay then," Jungkook said, putting the wallet back in his bag. After that, a comfortable conversation filled the cold air, along with the sounds of the grill, the voices of people and foreign people, and night animals howling in the distance.

"Hey, uh... did you bring someone with you?" Namjoon randomly asked, making Jungkook confused.

"Huh?"

"There's a person behind you and he keeps looking at you." Namjoon pointed behind him.

Jungkook turned around to see Jimin smiled at him.

——————————————————
– — — — — Next Chapter — — — — –
——————————————————