The Wand

*****

*****

Walking on the ocean, turning water into wine

We bury our emotion and pretend that we're just fine

The only way to live now is to know you're gonna fly

Don't listen to the lying liars and their lies

*****

Azazel turned to walk towards the stands to sit on then she realized the reason the first 4 rows were kept empty. Each row represented each house. She walked towards the third row, which had the flag of the thunderbird next to it.  She sat elegantly on the first seat in the row and witnessed how the sorting went on. 

" Bill Martell"

The boy who previously sat next to her stood up few rows from behind her and went to the guardian knot. She gave him a thumbs-up as their eyes met. 

"Pukwudgie" Professor declared.

Bill walked from the knot to the stands giving her a smile. He sat next to a girl, who Azazel knew as Adolpha Scamander. Azazel saw as they greeted each other, she smiled at the starting friendships. 

As the ceremony went on, the only girl whom she was aware of Fiana went to Horned Serpent.      She was joined by 9 other girls and 14 boys. 

What was on her mind at that moment?

The wand.

The wand that belonged to her has had Rougarou hair core and was made of yew wood. The thing that she was terrified of; was that the wand that would choose her today will be different. And she did not want to think about the way it would be different in. As a boon or a curse she did not know. Neither she was ready to face any of them. But she knew one thing, whatever that would be;  his words would find her at right moment. He tended to be there for her anytime she needed help. 

Loud applause brought her out of her train of thoughts. There near the podium were two long tables where there stood the four wandmakers  Violetta Beauvais along with Johannes Jonker, Shikoba Wolfe, and Thiago Quintana.  

"Now when I call your name, you should come and stand in front of the tables placing your hands on the table and you will find the suitable wand materials."  Professor Kline calmly stated.

Azazel sat there tapping the chair with her index finger in anticipation, she wanted a decent wand. Something that at least could fill in for the absence of her own wand.

After what she felt like a century, her name was called upon again by Professor Kline. She stood up and went forward again. The first table was placed at the center of the platform with various woods on it. And second was placed right behind the first one, with different wand cores placed on it.

Azazel went forward and placed her hands on the table as she was told to. The wood materials placed on the table started to shake.

What happened later was not something anybody had anticipated!

*****

AN. 

Thank you for your support!!! 

Please Vote for the chapter and leave comments!!!

They are my motivation to move forward in this journey!!!