✩ 𝟹. 𝙻𝚎𝚝 𝙼𝚎 𝙷𝚎𝚕𝚙 𝚈𝚘𝚞 ✩

(C/W: slight homophobia)
———

Sleepovers were always a strange thing to Katsuki Bakugou.

For one, during his childhood, he didn't really have anyone to spend the whole day with. And if he was going to have a sleepover, his Mom would get a message from Inko, saying he could spend the night. Katsuki would whine and growl for eternity, begging his Mom not to make him go.

"Honey, I know having a sleepover can be scary, but I promise you it's going to be okay. Be a strong and brave boy for me."

The first sleepover he had with Izuku was when the two just turned 10. Mitsuki dropped her son off at the Midoriya resident, and he went inside, leaving Mistuki to drive back home on her own. Quickly, Izuku would drag him up to his room, full of All Might posters. That was probably a reason Katsuki ended up going. Because they both admired the superhero. Still, it was always awkward at sleepovers. Specially when the two got older. Izuku kept inviting him round more and more often. Even just as a regular hangout. He would make excuses just to see Katsuki.

'I need help with cleaning my room, and it's going to take a long time...'

'Can you help me go over the homework..?'

'We haven't had a catch-up in a while, so it would be nice to talk to you again!'

It was only a few years ago that Izuku started sending hints that he liked Katsuki. Subtle movements, such as nudging his arm, holding his hand and when watching a movie, hugging him.
Yet, Katsuki Bakugou ignored him. He hated physical touch of any sort. It just made him feel dirty and reminded him of the sludge incident. Still, Izuku Midoriya tried. He suggested playing spin the bottle, even though it was just the two, and truth or dare, trying to flirt with Katsuki. Katsuki found it extremely weird that Izuku was trying to flirt. However, Katsuki still refused. He kept telling Izuku 'No'. But the boy simply didn't listen to him.
When it was time to turn out the lights, Izuku would hold the boy close, drifting off to sleep with a smile on his face. Katsuki would shove him off, and would usually try and sneak out of the window when it was late.

Katsuki vowed when he was 11 to never go to a sleepover again.

———-

It was 5:25pm, and the group were getting ready to hang out with each other. Denki started tidying up his room, taking note of the peculiarly clean room Katsuki had. Denki started making space, scrubbing the floors and wiping down everything with cleaning wipes.

Hanta was round Mashirao's dorm, asking to borrow a few DVD's. He ended up getting three, hoping that the different genres of the films would be okay.

Mina was with Eijiro, looking for anything comfy or soft. They found spare fleece hoodies, weighted blankets, soft pillows... They figured that this should be good to go.

Katsuki was in his bathroom looking at himself.
He felt nervous. But not the usual type of nervous.
It was the type of nervous he felt when he was around his Father.

Sure, on the outside, his Father looks cheery, kind, innocent some could say. But once there are closed doors, and no one is in the house except Katsuki and Mitsuki, he would yell at Katsuki. For no particular reason most of the time; he would also scold his wife, for talking to that 'gay boy'.