Chapter 26: Truth Comes Out

"We heard a knocking on the door and it wasn't going away so I decided to quickly see who it was," Crystal continued, "when I opened it, Electra was outside, on her knees, and crying as her face was wet. She asked if she could work for us, and at that time, we weren't really accepting anyone but she seemed desperate so we decided to give her a job."

Mariana listened intently but then her mind recalled back to when Electra said that she could literally be Micah's "little maid", but wasn't she one to his family in the past?

What a little hypocrite. How dare she says that to Mariana when her situation was worse; crying in the rain, how pathetic.

"Electra was so different back then. She was sweeter and humble, and pretty much willing to do anything," Crystal explained.

Mariana raised her eyebrows as she didn't believe what she had heard. Electra used to be sweet? What happened to that sweetness then.

"Now I said there weren't to be any relationships with the employers, but I don't think Micah listened to that," she sighed.

"I noticed how he couldn't keep his eyes off her when she walked into the room. I did have a bit of a suspicion that they were sneaking around, but every time I questioned him about it, he would always deny it," Crystal shook her head. Micah was so stubborn back then.

"Anyway, one day Micah went to his room and caught Mason and Electra in his bed."

"In his what?!" Did Mariana hear that correctly?

"In his bed. I can still remember hearing the pain and anger in his voice as he started shouting at them. He yelled at Electra first but she just started laughing," her chest started tightening and she felt her chest and belly heat up. Even though she was not that far from Micah's room at the time, Electra's laugh was loud enough for her to hear.

"She broke my baby's heart, and then laughed at his face, which was clearly shattered and broken by their actions." Crystal's tone became aggressive. She couldn't stop wondering how someone can be so wicked and heartless to cheat on someone, even worse, with their own brother and even in their own bedroom?

Her legs shook as well as her head she didn't want to imagine Micah on that day. The way he broke down in tears sent a sharp pain through her chest. She caused him so much pain and for what? He even made an effort to buy roses for her, roses!

Roses for that wicked witch who clearly didn't deserve it. Roses for someone who made her son feel worthless. Roses for her even when she betrayed him, even when they welcomed her with open arms.

Her son was way too good for her if only Micah could see that.

Meanwhile, Mariana was frozen in her seat, deep in thought of what she had just heard. No wonder why he never wanted to talk about Electra. Now she hated her even more because of what she had done to Micah. No one deserved what she did, especially of how sweet and genuine Micah is.

Crystal took a deep sigh and then continued, "after shouting at Electra, he went after Mason next. They got into a huge fight and Micah punched him all the way downstairs. He ended up breaking Mason's nose and his mouth was full of blood."

"Oh my... and I always thought they were close," Mariana said. She felt like she didn't know Micah's relationship with his brother despite all the time they have spent. It seemed like she was discovering a whole new side about them.

"They are," Crystal rested her head in her palm as her eyes stared at the wall, "to an extent." She hated it when her two sons fought, especially to that point.

"It's only when it comes to their dad that they start to fight, other than that, they are good brothers," she added.

"Hm alright," Mariana nodded along but couldn't stop thinking about those two. She felt like she wanted to know more about their relationship because this looked like only the beginning.