Chapter 74: Getting to know Him

When it was morning, Mariana got ready into a hoodie and some leggings. She tied her hair into a bun with a scrunchie as she stared at herself in the mirror, applying some eyeliner. She still found this idea rather amusing, since she was unfit and wouldn't dream of waking up and running around early in the morning. But it was always nice to try something new.

She gave Rio some food and water as he ran towards it immediately. He started eating and Mariana left him in peace. She left the window a bit open for some fresh air and walked outside. The day was new and fresh, the pale light radiated from the sun peeking out in the corner, making the sky a cotton candy blue. There was a tinge of pink that slowly faded away.

Mariana went to the park where she was going to meet Amell. She walked peacefully across the silence of the street. Not many people were out by this time which she took relief in. But she was a bit nervous because she had not done something like this with anyone, the closest was when she and Micah cycled along a trail.

When she met up with Amell, he was there with a small stereo box that she recognized because it was the one he used for Zumba. Currently, it wasn't playing anything as it laid peacefully on his legs. He smiled over and motioned for her to come over. He stood in the dark shade of the trees, his body like a faint shadow as his hands were on his hips. His head was held up high as his nose drank the air around them.

Mariana kept her head towards the ground, she suddenly had a feeling of shyness like it was a cloud that descended upon her like a fog. She folded one arm across her body so her hand rubbed it with comfort.

"Hey, you okay?" Amell asked when she stood directly in front of him.

"Yeah fine..." she mumbled.

"Um, I got something for you," Amell said nervously, as his words suddenly got caught in his throat. He started fumbling around in his pockets and pulled out something, only the fringes of a paper wrapper caught her eyes. Her head yes circulated around, trying to see more of what it was.

"This is for you." He held in his hand a breakfast bar. "In case if you haven't eaten."

"Oh!" She was a mix between surprise and gladness. She really wasn't expecting anything from him.

"Thank you but I'm not really hungry," she tried to decline politely.

"Come on, you shouldn't exercise on an empty stomach." He swirled it around in the air, unexpectedly making her eyes water and her belly rumble like a whale. He even opened it up a little and the crumbles that fell off looked so enticing.

"Okay, I'll have it." She took it and unwrapped it further. She took small bites and it was better than she thought it was. It was very sweet and it reminded me of that time when Micah used to come round and—

Her mind paused like a train as she suddenly remembered that they weren't together anymore.

She sighed and wiped the sweat off her face, quickly dismissing those thoughts out and focusing on them right now. "Thanks for giving this to me." She looked up for a mild second to tell him that.

Amell smiled as she ate it all up. She dusted away some crumbs off her sweet, cute cheeks that were like small cherries. He always had a bit of a crush on her and now they were actually spending some time together. It was like a dream come true.

"Anyway so, what are we gonna do? We just gonna run around here in a complete circle?" Mariana asked.

"Um yeah, but we can some stretches first if you like."

"Okay!" Mariana happily complied and Amell turned the stereo on. They started doing some stretches and star jumps.

"So this is what you do every morning?" Mariana asked.