Chapter 58: More Unexpected Surprises

A/N: This chapter is literally why I love dramatic irony so much😂❤️.

The next day, Mariana decided to go over to Micah's house to give him a surprise. She brought a box of chocolates for them to share. She didn't bother to get a drink and hoped that when she got there, they can just get one from the fridge.

When she arrived there, she was let in by one of the maids, and then made her way to the sparkling, living room where Mason was laid out across one of the cream couches, looking at his phone.

"Hi Mason, is Micah in?" she asked as sweetly as possible, standing with her white, pleated skirt, and a green blouse that ended just above her stomach. Her hair rippled to one side, as she had a streak of eyeliner along her eye and had sparky, brown eyeshadow. Mason eyed her up and down with a smirk which made her feel uncomfortable with what she wore.

He was a bit surprised to see her since they weren't expecting any visitors."Yeah he's upstairs doing something, I'll tell him to come down but you can sit down here while waiting," he said, and then started texting.

Mariana sat down calmly on a chair, lightly tapping the box in her hand like it was a little drum. The giant, flat-screen TV was showing something so she just gazed at it blankly while waiting patiently. Its sounds droned into her ear, while the pictures looked pleasing to the eyes, she didn't seem that interested and hoped Micah would come down soon so they can spend some time together.

"Mason do you have the remote?"

"Yeah, it is." He threw it to her and she caught it and sat on the floor.

"Thanks." She turned the TV to something more interesting, and watched it on the floor while leaning on the coffee table.

When Micah finally came down, he slowly came to the living room, walking in like he interrupted something as he looked at Mason with a deathly glare. Even though his brother was just chilling on the side and Mariana was sitting peacefully, he didn't want his brother anywhere near her if nobody was around.

Mariana turned towards him and her whole face brightened up at the sight of him.

"Micah!" She leaped off the floor  and ran into his arms. He caught her and then she hung onto his body.

"Hey." He sent kisses around her forehead and swung her gently as her legs dangled low above the ground. He was happy to see her and that bright, gleaming smile on her face.

"I got some chocolate for us to share," she said, sliding down his waist.

"Oh, what kind?"

"Belgium!"

"Oh, I love those."

"Yeah, me too." She dumped the box on the baby pink table and Micah got some apple juice from the kitchen. They began picking out the luxurious chocolates, enjoying their smooth taste and letting it go down with a cold wave of apple juice. Mason took some too and they were having a good time.

Until a scream streaked through the air like the first cries of a newborn.

"My eyes!" Electra came dashing through like a deranged woman. Her short hair flared everywhere as her hands covered her inflamed cheeks. When she removed them, there were remnants of cream around her face with tiny, red flakes dotted around.

"It burns!" she screamed in horror and pain and ran straight like a bull before she crashed into a wall with a hard thud. A large groan escaped her mouth as she rubbed her sore, aching forehead.

"Why is she here!" Mariana shouted. She didn't forget what Electra had done to her a couple of months ago, and she wasn't going to let her walk away freely.