-[The calm before the storm]-

Chapter 3! And unfortunately the last chapter of the Introduction arc. Sorry...Like always, hope you enjoy it!
Thoughts
*actions*
Narration
(Silent Speech)
—|—|—|—|—|—|—|—|—|—|—|—|—|—|—|—

(Y/n POV)

As you and your mother emerged from the forest you heard the Kamado family call out to you. You waved to them but stopped seeing both Hyakkimaru and the Kamado siblings rushing over.

Yukimi quickly retreated as you were tackled by the two of them holding you tightly with tears falling from their eyes as Hyakkimaru stood by.

Tanako: We were worried!

Nezuko: Sorry!

Y/n: It's fine. I'm okay. Plus, I got a sword now!

You flaunted the blade to them as their parents walked over with a lantern in hand. Kie, the siblings' mother, noticed the sword as a concerned expression formed on her face.

Kie: Uhm...Tenshi, are you sure that's safe?

Tenshi: Truthfully, no. Though he's as stubborn as his father, so I doubt he'll give it to me without a fight...

The parents watched giggling while you struggled to get up as the two girls held you down. You outstretched your hand for Hyakkimaru to help you, but he instead held it confused.

Y/n: Pull! Pull, Maru!

Their giggling turned to laughter as Hyakkimaru gently tugged your arm. The parents then helped separate you before heading inside for dinner.

There, you sat at a large table and knelt along the simple cushions laid around. Hyakkimaru sat on your left while the siblings sat on your right as they pestered you with questions.

Tanako: In a cave?!

Y/n: Yeah! I fell into this hole and found a big pond underground!

Nezuko: Woah!

Y/n: I also have a fox now!

You looked around for Yukimi then found she was laying on the porch of the home, presumably sleeping. Seeing this, Nezuko walked over then started to pet her.

Nezuko: Soft! Tan-tan! Soft!

Tanako laughed at her sister's words before following her and petting Yukimi. She too expressed awe at her soft fur as she gently ran her hands over it.

Eventually, Yukimi got annoyed and trotted over to your lap and slept while the girls became upset she left.

Nezuko: Soft?

Tanako: Let it sleep, Nezuko.

A few hours passed with you, Hyakkimaru, and your mother eventually leaving the Kamado's home and heading back to your own.

Hyakkimaru carried you on his back while you continued to hold the sword and Tenshi and Yukimi walked behind. Yukimi, now back in her human form walked alongside Tenshi as Hyakkimaru pushed forward.

Tenshi: I never thought we'd meet...

Yukimi: Akuma never really let any of us meet you.

Tenshi: Yes...It's unfortunate.

Yukimi: Yeah.

An awkward silence was shared between the two as they tried finding something to say to the other.

Yukimi: You didn't tell him? About Akuma?

Tenshi: I told him enough. His dad loved him very much and died protecting him on a snowy night.