-[Sakonji Urokodaki]-

Salutations. Sorry again. This chapter really changed, so enjoy the read!
Thoughts
*actions*
Narration
(Silent Speech)
————————————————————

(Y/n POV)

The tengu-masked man looked to Hyakkimaru, then to you as your blade entered its sheathe. From behind his mask, a curious expression formed while the sisters came to your side.

Urokodaki: I was worried a demon had been lurking nearby. But it seems you've taken care of it. Who are you both?

Y/n: Us?

Urokodaki: You don't look like slayers. And yet, you both have those swords.

Y/n: My mother was a slayer.

Urokodaki: I see. I am Sakonji Urokodaki.  You are the ones Giyu wanted to introduce to me?

Y/n: Yes. I'm Y/n, this is my brother, Hyakkimaru.

Tanako: Right, and my name is Tanako Kamado! My sister Nezuko...

Urokodaki: Tanako. What will you do if your sister eats a human?

She stopped at the question, considering every possibility only to be struck across the face by Urokodaki's swift hand.

Urokodaki: Too hesitant! You're too hesitant on everything. Do you know why? This is because your resolve is too shallow. If your sister eats a human, there are two things that need to be done.

Her hand traced over the light bruise as Urokodaki spoke while you watched from the side, holding Hyakkimaru by his kimono as he tried to walk off.

Urokodaki: First, kill your sister and then, slit your own stomach. This is the kind of resolve needed to bring your sister along with you. But remember this well. This situation is something that can never be allowed to happen. Letting your sister take an innocent person's life is something that can never be allowed to happen. Do you understand what my words mean?

Tanako: I understand!

Urokodaki: Well then, it's time for me to test if you're able to become a demon-killing swordsman! Hoist your sister onto your back and come with me. The both of you as well.

Before Tanako could speak Urokodaki sprinted away, forcing you to follow as she hastily grabbed her sister's basket. Thanks to your training, you and Hyakkimaru kept up fine, though Tanako lagged behind with no help from the added weight of her sister.

Soon, you arrived at the foot of Sagiri Mountain where a small home sat at its base as the sun finally rose. As you stopped, Tanako fell to the ground panting heavily as sweat poured down her brow.

Tanako: Did...I...pass the test...?

She spoke between breaths while Urokodaki removed his covering then started up the mountain. Tanako placed Nezuko inside the home, then followed.

Urokodaki: Tanako, follow me up the mountain. You two stay here.

As instructed, you and Hyakkimaru stayed, entering the house after Urokodaki and Tanako were out from view. The inside of his house was simple with a mere few rooms and an irori table in the center room.

Y/n: Not too shabby.

Nezuko then ran by from her basket, pushing past you and entering a dark room before shutting the door behind her.

Y/n: That was fast...you hate the sun that much, huh?

Hyakkimaru too entered one of the rooms, falling to the futon laid out along the floor. You sighed at his actions, then sat by the fire burning beneath the cooking pot. A quiet yawn escaped you as you removed your haori, gently placing it down nearby as Yukimi also slept.