-[Prologue]-

Chapter 1! I'm seriously sorry this took so long! I really didn't wanna rush it. Thank you all for your support! I hope you enjoy!
Thoughts
*action*
Narration
(Silent speech)
—|—|—|—|—|—|—|—|—|—|—|—|—|—|—|—

(3rd POV)

The head of the demon slayer corps, Ubuyashiki, stood silently within his estate looking toward the moon with a gentle expression.

The quiet atmosphere was broken as a Kakushi arrived before him, bowing their head respectfully.

Kakushi: Sir, we've located the Light Pillar. As well as the demon.

Ubuyashiki: I see. Are the others already pursuing?

Kakushi: Yes.

Ubuyashiki: Good. I request they refrain from killing either. I would detest the thought of killing one of our own. Especially such a respected member.

The Kakushi nodded as Ubuyashiki's crow flew off to deliver the new orders. Meanwhile, standing within his infinite fortress, Muzan, the king of demons scowled as a disgusted expression lay on his face.

A lower demon appeared behind him, prostrating himself as Muzan turned to him, awaiting his words.

Demon: W-We've found them-

Muzan: Then why are you here? If you've found them, kill them.

Demon: T-The moons...Should we summon them?

Muzan: No. The upper moons will remain at their posts. The lower moons can go.

Demon: Y-Yes.

Muzan: Come back without the woman's head, and I'll tear yours off.

Muzan stared daggers into the demon making him shake as he was ejected from the fortress. As the two opposing leaders gave their orders, the "traitors" made their own plans.

Tenshi, the former Light Pillar of the demon slayers, and Akuma, the former Upper Moon One. The two committed a heinous act of treason. Joining together in an unholy union, and creating cursed life.

The two were already on the run after being chased from their discreet home by minor demons. They ran through the near forest, attempting to lose any stragglers as a crow flew overhead.

Crow: Take them alive! Return the Light Pillar Safely!

Tenshi: The demon slayers!

Akuma: Already?!

As he spoke, he pulled his wife in front of him, turning back to block a sword strike from the current water pillar, An middle-aged man in a red mask. He parried the next strike before kicking him away.

Akuma: I'd rather not fight you.

A pair of older gentlemen appeared from within the trees. The cloud and the wind pillar. The cloud pillar stared intently at Akuma while the wind pillar kept his hand on his sheathed blade.

Wind: Tenshi, please. It doesn't need to be this way. Simply hand over the child and we can all go back. 

Tenshi: Why? So you can kill him?! I won't allow it.

Tenshi now drew her blade as she held her child in her other hand. Seeing the intense emotion in her eyes the wind pillar sighed, adjusting his glasses as he unsheathed his own blade.

Wind: I don't wish to hurt you. But I will do what I must.

Cloud: Speak for yourself.

He sprinted toward Akuma, wildly swinging his blade while Akuma dodged and blocked his swings. As he found an opening, Akuma grabbed the old pillar, disarming him and throwing him into a tree. He then launched the blade into his shoulder, catching the fabric while leaving him unharmed.