-[Departure]-

I'm back. Thank you for your patience! This was supposed to come back sooner, but I had a severe lack of motivation to continue this, and I didn't want to publish something just to have it done. I know that sounds a bit selfish, so I apologize and again, I thank you for waiting.
Thoughts
*actions*
Narration
(Silent Speech)
:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:

(Y/n POV)

Y/n: Tanako...Please be okay!

Your thoughts raced as you sped down the mountain, following the trail Tanako had left in the snow.

"Hang in there!"

Her voice rang through the trees forcing you to follow. Yukimi ran ahead as the tracks stopped sniffing around for any familiar scent. You then followed again as she slid down the side of the path, reaching a plateau of dead trees.

Yukimi: There-

She barely managed to finish her sentence as a cloud of snow picked up beside her. Before she even spoke, you saw a trail of blood leading to an encounter up ahead. Tanako groveled to a man in a mismatched haori as he held Nezuko with a blade to her neck.

Tanako: I'm begging you...

Her actions seemed to upset the swordsman as he grit his teeth, then began yelling.

SM: Don't ever give others the chance to murder you! Stop that pathetic groveling! If it was the least bit effective, your family wouldn't be dead!

His shouting made you veer off path, electing to move behind him instead as he spoke.

SM: Can a weakling who can't take the initiative in such a situation heal her sister?! Hunt the enemy?! Don't make me laugh. The weak have no rights or choices! Their only fate is to be crushed by the strong!

You were preparing to strike the swordsman down using the Kamado's hatchet, but halted as he mentioned the demons.

SM: The demons might know how to cure your sister! But don't think that a demon would respect your will or wishes! Naturally, I have no respect for you either! That's reality! Why did you throw yourself over your sister earlier? Was that your way of protecting her? Why didn't you have a way to defend yourself? Why did you show your back to me? All those blunders led to your sister's capture! I could've skewered her along with you!

His lengthy speech allowed you to form a plan of attack, starting with giving Tanako the hatchet. From behind a tree, you appeared, throwing the axe into the dirt beside her as the swordsman turned to face you.

His blade aimed for your torso but veered off course as Nezuko continued to struggle. With this, you launched a kick into his side causing him to wince thanks to your added strength.

Again he slashed, though, this time making you dodge before he turned the blade to Nezuko, impaling her side and forcing a pained cry from her.

Tanako: Stop!

She threw a rock aimed for the swordsman's head, but he easily blocked it with the handle of his blade. The wind kicked up around you, blowing snow into a cloud obscuring the vision of all three of you as the confrontation escalated.

Again, Tanako tried throwing a rock which he dodged this time before charging the man where he stood. You were about to interfere but stopped as you noticed she hid nothing in her hands. The swordsman braced for a moment, though effortlessly countered by slamming his sword's handle into Tanako's back, forcing her to the ground.

He then turned to you once more, but you remained where you stood as Yukimi came to your side, still in her fox form. The swordsman's eyes subtly widened though as he noticed the absence of Tanako's hatchet. Both you and Yukimi watched as it cut through the air, falling toward him at a perfect angle. The axe was narrowly avoided as he shifted his head to the left as the sound of the blade chopping through the wood echoed.