Chapter 18

Chapter 18

"Fuck he passed out!" Michael exclaimed, as he quickly turned the car off.

Ashton and Calum had already run inside, as Michael got the unconscious blonde out of the car. Michael carried Luke inside before laying him down on one of the couches in the living room. Ashton and Calum had already set a few things out on the coffee table. Removing the now blood-soaked jacket, Michael gently lifted Luke's shirt to try and get a better look at the wound.

"How bad is it?" Ashton asked Michael as he and Calum returned to the living room.

"I don't know yet, there's too much blood. It's fairly deep though," Michael answered, as he tried to clean the wound as best as he could. Sure enough, there was about a three or four-inch-long gash on Luke's side. Michael also took note of the bruises that littered the blonde's ribs.

"There's a stab wound," Calum pointed out.

"Yeah Cal, we know. Have you been living under a rock?" Michael questioned.

"No. That wouldn't be a very good shelter. Unless it was a big rock....then it would crush me," Calum replied.

"Well, what are we gonna do? He's gonna die if we don't do something soon!" Ashton stated, glancing at the amount of blood.

"Let's put a bandaid over it!!!" Calum squealed as he grabbed a Hello Kitty Bandaid.

"No Calum, that won't work," Michael answered, stealing the bandaid from Calum. Before following up with, "Shit, it won't stop bleeding."

As Michael continued to apply pressure to the wound, the worst possible thing happened... Luke regained consciousness. Dazed and confused, Luke attempted to push Michael away, not realizing that Michael was literally preventing him from dying.

"Luke, stop! I'm literally keeping you from dying!" Michael stated.

"But I'm in pain," Luke whined."I'm gonna die because of you idiots."

"All Payne, no Liam," Calum replied.

"Would you shut up?" Ashton asked.

"I'm gonna go make Spaghetti-O's now," Calum announced, walking into the kitchen.

"Wow.... you're SO helpful," Michael scoffed.

"Do you want me to make you guys some, too?" Calum replied.

"No, my head hurts," Luke complained.

"Probably because you lost so much blood."

"Speaking of which, I'm still losing blood," Luke reminded them.

"Yeah..."

"Sounds like a YOU problem," Calum screamed from the kitchen.

"Shut up Calum!" Luke yelled back, "Make your fucking Spaghetti-O's and leave me alone."

"Ok," Calum happily replied.

"I'm gonna fucking die and that idiot is making Spaghetti-O's," Luke wailed, clutching his side in pain.

"Why don't we just stitch it back together with string or something?" Ashton suggests.

"That will hurt though," Luke groaned, "I'm not doing that!"

"We may have to Luke," Michael agreed.

"Are you guys actually dumb?" Calum questioned from the kitchen table as he was eating his Spaghetti-O's.

"Do you have a better idea?" Ashton asked.

"No."

"Exactly," replied Ashton with a subtle eye roll, "We could try and use Biofreeze to numb it."