Chapter 1

His cute little nose-crunch when he was laughing.
His hazel eyes which were so easy to get lost in.
His raven-colored hair which seemed to look perfect whenever.
His cheeks which blushed at every little compliment he was given.
Just his flawless human-being made a thousand butterflies flutter through his stomach
Just him.

These thoughts were revolving around Liam's mind a lot. How did he deserve Zayn? How did he ever deserve a boyfriend as beautiful as Zayn was?
No, not boyfriend. Zayn was his fiancé since a few months.

Liam smiled fondly at the memory of Zayn's face when he asked Zayn to marry him.

He looked down at Zayn who was sleeping in his lap, snoring softly with his mouth half open.
He had fallen asleep while they were cuddling on the couch in silence.
This developed to be a ritual over the past few months. Every evening they cuddled up on the couch after they came home tired from college.

Zayn was studying Art & Design, while Liam was busy studying Psychology. Both at the University of Manchester.
Zayn and Liam lived together in a flat near the campus.
Also did they share a friend group containing of their three best friends Niall Horan, Louis Tomlinson and Harry Styles.
Louis and Harry were also dating and just as in love as Liam and Zayn were.
And then there was Niall who was happy with his food and his guitar even if the boys always tried to set him up.

Liam was a very grateful person and so again, just like so many times before, Liam was thinking about how happy he was at the moment. He lived together with his soulmate, he had the best and most supportive friend group ever and was having quite a lot of fun with his studies.

It now was already past midnight and Liam knew that Zayn had a morning lecture tomorrow and had to get up very early. So Liam stood up carefully with sleeping Zayn in his arms bridal style.
He walked, almost on his tiptoes, to their shared bedroom.

Liam was being extra careful not to wake Zayn while laying him down onto their bed, because he knew how stressed he was about the upcoming finals.
He knew how Zayn stressed about good grades and especially about important ones as the finals. Sometimes he would forget to eat and even sleep in the time before the exams. So Liam was a bit worried about the upcoming weeks and wanted to give his fiancé enough sleep before the real stress started.

Liam took off Zayn's clothes trying not to wake the raven-haired boy. But he didn't have to worry. Zayn was fast asleep, dead to the world. He was sleeping as deep as the Sleeping Beauty in her 100 year long sleep.

After Liam took Zayn's clothing off and carefully covered his personal Sleeping Beauty with the sheets he sat next to him.

Liam admired Zayn's long, dark lashes, his prominent jawline and his soothingly quiet breaths.
After quite a lot of time passed Liam chuckled at his behavior. If someone would've seen him staring daggers into Zayn, he probably would've thought that Liam was either trying to possess or kill Zayn with his piercing stares.
But everything Liam was doing was being absolutely flashed by Zayn and all his little things.

As soon as Liam softly kissed Zayn on his head and mumbled a "goodnight babe", he went to the bathroom to take a quick shower before also heading to bed, cuddling into Zayn's side.