Chapter 12

It was the morning of the 24th of December.
The day everyone should be happy and laugh with their friends and family, give each other presents and just have a great time.

But that morning kinda felt different, as Niall, Louis and Harry were sitting at the breakfast table.
Nobody ate, they were all waiting for Liam to finally wake up.

Eventually Harry stood up, freeing himself from Louis' hand to go and wake Liam up.

It was clearly visible how upset the three boys were.
They felt so helpless because they couldn't really help Liam.
How do you help a person who is just missing someone who is never coming back?

Harry knocked at Liam's door slightly, like he did so many times the last couple of days.

Since Liam never responded to the knocks, he slowly opened the door.

Liam was still asleep, breathing through his slightly parted lips. He looked just so peaceful like this.
Harry looked around in Liam's room. He had always been the most ordinary person in their group but right now it looked extremely messy.

Niall had told them that Liam basically devastated his room a few days earlier.
Liam also looked bad. His face looked pale and emaciated.

Definitely not healthy, he needs to eat something. Harry thought to himself and finally found the courage to wake peacefully sleeping Liam up.

He sat next to him, trying not to scare him and gently shook Liam until he opened his eyes slowly.

He rubbed his eyes and looked at Harry, a questioning look on his face.
"Well, it's the 24th today and we wanted to wake you so we can eat with you" Harry sent Liam a small smile and reached his hand out to Liam for him to stand up.

Liam took it and stood up sighing. He stood up slowly, holding Harry's shoulder.

"You good mate? You look like you are about to faint" Louis was now standing in the door frame.
Liam just simply nodded, mumbled a "good morning" and made his way down the hallway.

Louis sighed and grabbed Harry's hand to pull him to the kitchen as well.

As they were all seated, they all just started eating. Nobody knew what they should say.

Liam was again staring at his plate, it had become a routine.
Louis stared at Liam intrusively, trying to keep himself shut.
But it was just the way Louis was, if he was worried, he said things he shouldn't say.

And so everything started to go downhill.
Louis dropped his cutlery and it hit onto the plate.
"For fuck's sake Liam! Eat that shit right now or you are gonna end up in the grave just as him!"

Three pairs of eyes were now staring at Louis shocked.

"Watch your mouth!" Niall snapped at him for being a brat.

Harry tried to take Louis' hand to calm and shut him up but Louis was fuming and continued.

"Goddamn it, like it is so fucking hard to just eat! It is Christmas, what are you even thinking that you're doing, huh?" Louis spat at Liam again.

Liam's eyes had widened in shook and disbelief. He slowly stood up.
The look in his teary eyes showed that Louis' words had hurt him a lot more than it was intended.

In a matter of seconds Liam was out the front door.
A loud bang could be heard as the door fell shut.

The room fell silent for a few seconds before Harry broke the silence, a stare of disbelief and anger in his eyes.