Chapter 14

A few days had passed since Christmas. The boys didn't really do anything those days. But New Year's Eve was coming up and they really tried to make Liam go to a friend's party.

It was the evening of the 30st of December and the boys were laying on the couches.

"Common lad, let's go to that party and enjoy ourselves again for once in a lifetime." Louis had tried to convince Liam the whole evening. Well, it didn't seem to work.

Liam just grumbled the same sentence over and over again: "As I said, you guys can go and have fun. Don't stop yourself because of me. Just go and have fun, I am just not in the mood for partying."

"Well if you're aren't going we aren't as well!" Niall pouted and crossed his arms over his chest, looking like a toddler.
They all chuckled at him but Louis and Harry agreed with Niall, either all of them would go or no one.

"Ugh, I just don't wanna be a burden, but if you guys wanna have your evening ruined I can come."
With that sentence he earned cheering from the other three lads.

Now they were all looking forward to the party.
Well, everyone except for Liam.

"Let's gooooo, we are literally missing out on the whole party. If you guys are gonna continue at this pace we are gonna miss New Year!" Niall was walking up and down the corridor, waiting until the others were finally ready.

5 minutes later they all went to Liam's car to drive to the party. Harry would drive them home since he never really drank a lot .
Niall was the one who would get pissed after 30 minutes.

Liam also rather stayed as sober that he could at least think straight and act as always, not like Niall.

Before Harry could stop the car, Niall already swung the car door open enthusiastically and ran to the house entry.
They all just laughed at him and then made their way, a lot slower, to the house.

Loud music and chattering was filling the air already even if they hadn't entered yet.
As the three remaining boys went into the living room, there was actually no place to walk.
People were standing and dancing everywhere or snogging around in the corners.

The air was smelling like alcohol, drugs, sweat and sex. A typical party smell.
Normally, Liam had enjoyed going to parties. He always had to drag Zayn with him but right now, since he had no one to drag around, he felt extremely uncomfortable and lonely.

The disgusting smell in the air made his stomach churn and all the people here were basically disgusting him.

But before he could turn around and leave, Harry gripped him by the wrist. He had noticed that Liam wanted to leave but he didn't let him. He should have fun again.

Besides the smell and the people, the main problem were the stares.
Many people, the still sober one's, were looking at Liam.
They were too shy or uncomfortable to talk to him, but the sad expressions telling "I'm so sorry for you" made it worse.

Many people had heard about the tragic accident where one of their classmates had been killed. And all people from school had known about the dream couple, Zayn and Liam.
There hadn't been a funeral or anything yet, it just had been extremely quiet around their friend group.

As Liam went to the kitchen to grab a drink, someone patted his shoulder.
"Heyy mate!" Liam turned around and saw Josh Devine, a good friend, standing there.
Josh then hugged him, whispering to him "I can't express how sorry I am for what had happened. I can't explain how much we all miss him. Also, I'm always there for you, yeah? Zayn's gonna stay in our hearts forever."

Liam cracked a small smile, even if he actually just wanted to cry, and muttered a "Thanks Josh..." He had no idea what to say.

Together they made their way to the fridge and grabbed a drink.