Apollo

I check my watch again. It was already five minutes past the time we said we would meet. Where was she? I pace back and forth while looking at the entrance of the hotel, maybe she decided she didn't want to come anymore. I couldn't wait anymore I take out my phone to call her, right as I am about to hit the call button I see her walking out. I put my phone back into my pocket, and put them in my pockets to keep my hands from reaching out for her hands when she gets closer to me. 

"For a moment thought you weren't coming" I tell her when she gets right next to me. She smiles.  

"Sorry, it is harder to escape security then you think." She says while looking back at the entrance. She grabs my bicep. "C'mon before they realize I am missing." She says as she leads us away from the hotel and beach. I couldn't help but smile at the situation. She notices. 

"Why are you smiling?" She asks while still holding my bicep. 

"We are running away as if we are teenagers." I say as I look down at her hand. She looks down noticing that her hand was still on me. She quickly takes her hand off of me. I couldn't help the sigh that exited my mouth. We continue to walk away from the hotel, and I lead her to the walkway that was to the side. We walk quietly, not knowing what to say to each other now that we were alone. So I decided to break the silence. 

"So how is being back?" I ask her as we are walking onto the dirt road. 

"It's...weird." I look at her when she says that. 

"Weird? How?" 

"Well in Italy I had a set schedule that I lived everyday." She says while occasionally looking up at me. "I would drink espresso every morning while looking out on my terrace. I had gotten used to the routine of going to work and taking meetings. But when Babaanne died that changed everything. I was no longer just a landscape artist, I was this big CEO." We are walking down the stairs that lead down to the place I hoped she would be happy to be at. "But nobody knew, but now that I am back everyone knows. I am talking to my employees from all over the world....it's odd. Being in such control of so many lives." She looks lost for a moment, but seems to get her bearings and looks up at me. 

"Well from what I have seen and read you have been doing great. And plus the Eda Yildiz I know never let anybody down before. So I don't see how you could now." I look around and we reach the arch, but she was looking up at me not realizing where we were. She blushes and puts her head down. 

"Well thank you Serka-" She had raised her head at that moment as we walk through the arch, and her eyes grew realizing where we were. She looks around and then brings her eyes back to me. I smile at her, hoping she wasn't mad for bringing her here. 

"Apollo's Temple." I say to her. "I thought you might like to come back." I say to her, as she still hasn't said anything. She takes a few steps forward, looking all around. She looks back at me, I see her glass gloss over with tears, and suddenly I am right next to her holding her face. 

"Eda are you okay?" She puts her hands on my hands and grabs them. I missed her touch so I just let her. She looks me in the eyes, looking for something and suddenly I am back at every moment our eyes met with love, with hate, and happiness.  I don't know how long we stood there looking into each others eyes, but suddenly Eda drops her hands and takes a step back away from me. 

"I'm fine. I just didn't think that we would be back here."  She says with her back to me and her head looking up at the stars. I clear my throat and walk over to the place that we sat the last time, and take a seat on the ground. Eda sees me and walks over as well, and takes a seat next to me. I take off my bookbag and bring out the coffee and cups. Eda chuckles.