Not My Fault

Wowza Bowza! Thanks you so very much for 864 reads. That's insanity. haha :) You lovely people are amazing. All of my things are moving really slow but I am working on them.

Hope you enjoy this new chapter.

Love,

Shan

_______________________________________________________________________________

The morning was almost as bad as last night but being sick was over fairly quick and I was able to clean up and make breakfast.

"Morning." Tony yawns, walking out of the guest room.

"Morning. Hungry?"

"Starving."

"It's nothing special." I shrug putting a bowl of oatmeal in front of him. "Mixed berries, Apple cinnamon, or fresh bananas?" I ask, referring to the topping options.

"Mixed berries." He smiles and I retrieve the container of mixed berries. "How are you feeling this morning?"

"Alright."

"What's on your mind?" The exchange was awkward and alien.

"I need some time off."

"I understand." He says, seeming to wave my guilt for asking.

"You do?"

"Well, I can't say I've been in your position but I can imagine that you need some time with family or maybe just by yourself to figure things out." He smirks.

"Thanks." I still feel a bit weird. "So you're not gunna ask me how long I'll be gone?"

"I trust you." I go red in the face.

"I'll be a week. Maximum."

"Like I said, I trust you."

"I'm just going to Ireland." I explain.

"Alright." He chuckles. "You need anything before you go?"

"A ride to the train station if you could." I take a gulp of hot tea. It feels good in my tired body. I think about telling him that I'd purchased my ticket during a period of restlessness early this morning but I didn't think it really concerned him. "I think I'll go get my things ready." I tell Tony, looking queasily at my barely touched oatmeal.

I rummage through my closet, retrieving enough clothes for at least a week and stuffing it all neatly into a duffelbag. I couldn't help but think about my baby. The admission in my own mind sounds ludicrous. My baby. It's not that I wasn't mature enough to raise a child. But I had spent so long being an adult that I never was a kid, never did the teen thing. And that scared me. My entire life had been dedicated to taking care of myself because no one else was ever going to. I looked after other people, sure, but it was different. A child is different. It's a malleable mind and I was going to be responsible for shaping it; to turn it into a positive addition to this crazy, mucked up world that we live in.

I look down at my stomach, still flat and soft if not slightly bloated looking. Apart from the horrible sickness and the doctor's test results it didn't feel real, being pregnant. I half expect some alien to tear through my abdomen right before I wake up in horrible, nightmare tremors.

"My alien." I muse with a giggle.

"Holly?" Tony calls through my bedroom door.

"Be right out." I change into an ostentatious pair of skinny jeans with one leg black-and-white checkers and the other a wine red color. I slip on a plain black t-shirt and a smoke grey hoodie, my purse and my bag, and slip on my black vans.