The Gig and The Guinness

" You can't mope around the house." My best friend Lena says sternly through the phone.

"I'm not moping." I defend.

"HollyLocket." She begins sweetly "You haven't done anything but go to work and then back to your little apartment."

"I like my 'little apartment' thank you very much."

"I know and you should but you haven't been out enjoying life." She laughs incredulously.

"Smiling hurts right now. You know that. It's only been a week since I found out Cam cheated." I admit knowing I'm not the strongest of people as typically I don't let others affect me so much but I'd been so in love with Cameron for the past two years that when I found out, I was doubly crushed. Lena however was a devout feminist that never let any man dictate her life; though she was a hopeless romantic that fell in love easily.

"You're only giving him power over you." She tells me. "You can't keep hating yourself. He was the moron. I bet you no one will ever love him as fantastically as you did."

"It doesn't matter anyway. I don't even know where to start. Cameron and New York are synonymous but there's no way I'm leaving NY." I explain to her.

"I've got an idea." Lena says and her tone is a bit mischievous.

"Elaborate." 

"My boss Abigail got her daughter these tickets but her daughter got into some big trouble and Abbs gave them to me. She knew I'd appreciate them."

"What concert?"

"The Wanted!" She screams "Backstage/VIP"

"I wish either of my bosses were so nice."

"So get all dressed up and I'll meet you at your place in three hours."

"It's tonight?"

"Wow, yeah you need to get out of the house." Lena giggles. "See you later HollyLocket." She blows me a kiss and hangs up.

I didn't want to get out of my comfy sweatpants and retired trix cereal shirt. I had a particular aversion to the thought of sitting to do my makeup and hair.

"Damn you Lena." I curse and roll out of bed, crawling into my closet. "I hate all of you." I groan like a child, looking up at my clothes. The section designated for going out made me want to hurl. Skirt? No. Dress? No thanks. High heels? Absolutely not. I resolve to shower first and decide afterwards. But even that's a process. Thankfully, however, I manage to keep it short. I pluck pieces from my closet at random; a pair of skinny khaki pants with black suspenders, red high-top chuck taylor's, and a lounging black tank-top and flannel shirt that I leave open.

I sit at my makeshift vanity and put my hair up in a cute quiff and ponytail then apply light makeup; flawless foundation, simple cateye with mascara, and a pink tinted lip balm. Looking at the clock I realise I still have an hour and a half until Lena gets here so I slouch into my beanbag seat  and open up my macbook. My youtube inbox was exploding with questions and notifications, most of which I already knew were inquiries on where I'd been and why I hadn't posted a new video. I click over to tumblr where I also have an explosion of questions and a few proposals. Typically Facebook is less exciting but I hadn't spoken to anyone in a while so I had a few wall posts. I decide to scroll through them. All were long and with only one point at the end; "Haven't heard from you. Let me know if you need anything." I look at the clock again as if I've wasted any significant amount of time. Glaring at the time I set up my camera and decide to make a short video to sate my crazy lovelies.

"Hello my lovelies. Just a short video to check in today. Lots of stuff going on lately but tonight I'm going to The Wanted concert here in New York with Lena who you've met if you watched my challenge videos and a few others. Erm...Cam and I are no longer together and I don't want to talk about why, maybe that'll come later but I don't know right now. Make sure you are checking my twitter, tumblr, and instagram which are all under the username 'hollylocket' but I'll leave links to all those in the description box below. Also, check out Lena's vlog which I will also link. Like, comment, subscribe if it makes ya feel good and remember to keep sending me ideas because I can never have too many of those. I love you guys so much and I hope you all are having a wonderful week. Bye." I end the recording and quickly edit the video before uploading it. An hour spent and I feel accomplished. The door buzzes and I jump up to answer it. I push the button.

"Who is it?"

"Holly! Open up, it's raining." I laugh and buzz Lena in. A moment later and she burst through the front door. "It wasn't raining when I left my studio."

"Sure it wasn't." I roll my eyes.

"Fine maybe it was sprinkling a bit." She shakes out her hair.

"Don't worry, I've got an extra rain coat."

"Thanks."

Lena and I catch a taxi to Madison Square Garden where a security guard ushers us into a corridor separate from the main entrance.

"This way Miss Skoravich."

"Miss Skoravich?" I look at Lena funny.

"Uh..yeah." She turns bright pink.

"This is an assignment isn't it?" I hiss. Lena is a photo-journalist for a magazine.

"Well not originally but Abbs figured it was a good opportunity and the bands manager said yes without a second thought." She explains.

"You could have just told me."

"You wouldn't have come."

"You're probably right."

The guard leads us backstage and to a dressing room where we pause a moment for him to knock.

"'S'okay." Was the singular response. The guard opens the door and lets us in telling the five men on the couches that we were 'Miss Skoravich and her guest' Thanks security guy. I'll remember that.

"Ah, the reporter." Tom grins.

"I'm a journalist and my name is Lena."

"And this is your sidekick?" Nathan muses.

"My name is Holly Grimms. Got more of those." I point at the beer bottles.

"We can't endorse underage drinking." Siva jokes.

"Oh please." I scoff. "You don't care. Besides, I'm 22. I beat the kid out by a couple years." I tilt my head toward Nathan. 

"Your sidekick is funny." Nathan laughs. I glare at him slightly.

"Here." Jay hands me and Lena two bottles of Guinness. I pop it open and take a swig.

"And now the relaxing can begin." I smile.

"Come on." Nathan pats the spot next to him.

"I'm not nearly intoxicated." I smirk. The boys collapse into 'oohs' and laughter.

In the hour or so before The Wanted go on stage I make quick friends with them, take down five beers and gracefully lose to Max in an arm wrestle.

"Surprised you're not on the floor already." Jay comments.

"It's the nord in me." I chuckle. "What would my German and Irish ancestors think if I passed out after a few beers?"

"Nothing nice." He winks.

"It's time." A stage manager comes in.

"Ready for the best time of your life?" Nathan asks arrogantly.

"If you ever say 'Swag' I'll never buy another album." I warn. "But I'm ready to be impressed."

"You're not impressed already?" Tom asks in pure shock.

"Nearly, but not yet." I smile. Tom turns to the others.

"Let's kill this." They all 'hoorah' and exit onto the stage to huge roars and applause.

The entire concert passes in a blur of arms moving about to whichever song came on next. I slowly consumed three more beers and proudly proclaimed to Lena that I was Misses Guinness. But I wasn't positive she'd heard as she was far more inebriated than I was.

"Missed us?" Jay tackles me.

"Nope." I shake my head.

"No?" He asks incredulously.

"I've had my friend Guinness here the whole time." I smirk.

"Having a good time?" Max interrupts.

"Absolutely not, I've gotta work tomorrow." I say seriously. Lena hiccups and almost falls but Siva catches her.

"But HollyLocket." She whines.

"Kidding!" I giggle  and jump into Jay's arms. "We're gonna party right?"

"Whatever you want." He smiles.