404 error retrieving trust

For the past three weeks after Julian first drove me home, I took the subway to school and he gave me a ride back. Every weekend he's stayed and we study for tests together. Lena doesn't approve but I ignore her and since then she's refused to come to my apartment and spend time. I find out a lot about Julian, like that he doesn't like to go to night clubs and he rarely goes to parties. Now I proudly proclaim him as my friend and he agrees that we're perfect this way.

None of the boys from The Wanted ever contact me and I fail to explain why it hurts when I knew what would happen. I think about them all the time and find that I'm a bit defensive when I hear some negative comment about them. Lena told me once when I talked to her about it that they should have at least said thank you. I didn't know what she wanted them to thank me for.

"Hey Jez!" Julian calls from the living room and I stop chopping the vegetables for tonight's dinner.

"What's up?"

"You know that one boy band, The Wanted?" He's grinning from ear to ear.

"Erm...yeah sort of. I mean they're always on the radio." Julian looks at me skeptically as if he knows something. He points to the T.V., on which he's been scrolling through YouTube again. "What?"

"One of their interviews." He tells me. "Live Stream."

"So? Why is that so exciting?" I cross my arms.

"I just thought you'd like it because you're into them." He presses play and I watch the boys laughing on screen, just sitting there with the interviewer.

"What's been your favorite venue so far?" The interviewer asks, a ticker-tape stating her name appears, Janine.

"New York." Jay says immediately.

"New York for sure." They all agree.

"That's right. You played at Madison Square Garden." She says like it was an obvious choice.

"Well yeah but we had loads of fun." Tom says. "Holly, the lads and I had the best of times."

"Holly? Who's that?" She inquires.

"She's this really great girl we met at the gig." Max smiles.

"Made us breakfast the next mornin'. Made from scratch Waffles and sausage and syrups." Nathan raved. "Jay doesn't eat meat but that just meant more for us."

"What'd you do to deserve breakfast?" She implies. I shudder. Get your mind out of the damn gutter. I mentally accost her.

"Dunno honestly. Thought we scared her. Didn't think she liked us much at first." Tom scratches his head. The girl, Janine, doesn't look thrilled with the thought of me. Jay pulls out his cell and dials a number, my phone sounds off. I'm not sure I want to answer it but everyone looks at him strangely and I couldn't live with myself if it was me that made him look like an idiot. I bite my lip and before I can think further I swipe the icon to answer my phone.

"H-hello?"

"Hey." On screen Jay smiles but is voice is just the slightest bit shaky. "I'm in an interview."

"I know."

"You're watching?"

"Not by choice."

"I just wondered if you'd pick up." He clears his throat.

"I almost didn't." I admit. 

"Will you pick up later?" He sounds hopeful.

"I'll try my best." He hangs up. "Turn it off."