RoAmy and Jay and I, Oh My

*fast forward: 3 years*

"No, no. I need the samples, Gaspard. Anthony needs to approve them before we can order anything." I huff into the phone. Ronan tugs on my shirt.

"Mummy?" I pull the phone away from my face.

"Yes my love." I smile down at my toddler. He puts his hands up and shrugs his shoulders.

"Where Uncle Seef an' Daddy?" He asks and, like it always does, my heart melts at how he makes all the stress go away with that baby lisp in his voice.

"They're at work Ronan."

"I'll call you back when I have more information." Gaspard says and with a final huff, I hang up the phone.

"Do you know who else is at work with Daddy and Uncle Seev?" I ask Ronan selfishly. I only ask to relish in how smart he is.

"Wif Daddy is Uncle Mas an' Uncle Nafan an' Uncle Tom." He say counting them out on his tiny fingers. He smiles triumphantly after and looks up at me.

"And what about Uncle Avery and Uncle Everett?" I ask him.

"Well, Amy said fat Uncle Afree lif wif Uncle Fon in No'way." He scrunches up his face in concentration and I can't help but to giggle.

"And Uncle Everett? Where is he?" He looks intently at my papers on the table.

"Amy said fat Uncle Eferett lif in A-mare-reeka." He sounds out. I nod. "But all my Aunties lif here." Ronan claps.

"Are you excited for Nana and Papa to be here?" I ask him and he nods vigorously. Amelia and Ronan hadn't seen them in person yet, only on skype and talked to them over the phone. "Come on then. Let's get you two dressed."

"Mummy?" Amelia jumps up from the toy chest. "When are Nana an' Papa gon' be here?"

"In a little bit. What are you doing?"

"I gon' put the toys away." She say indignantly with her fists on her hips. I giggle. 

"Okay but we need to get dressed before they get here so you'd better hurry up." I tell her.

"You and Ro help? Please Mummy?" I nod and sit Ronan next to me, closest to the toy chest. "Okay. First, the Shape Family." She indicates a small pile of blocks in all sorts of shapes that didn't necessarily go together as some were to games and other to jigsaw puzzles, but they were all shapes and so, in her mind, a family. She told me which ones she wanted and Ronan and I took turns giving them to her.

"Mummy, can Ro put his cars away?" I nod and tell him to pick up his toy cars and put them neatly in the toy chest. "Okay, clothes now." She says and picks out her orange slip-on Vans. Orange is her favourite colour so she chose to wear them nearly everyday. If she worn them any more often they'd turn brown.

"How about we wear Nana's favourite colour?" I suggest.

"Nana's?" She tilts her head to one side.

"Yeah. Purple."

"Really!" She squeals. "I can wear my purple hair bow." She jumps up and down and reaches high above her in the closet, trying to wrap her fingers in the fabric of her black jumpsuit with the white polka dots. I take it down and retrieve her white socks with the ruffles at the ankles while she gets her hair bow and matching dark purple, high-top chucks. She wiggles herself into her jumpsuit and buttons it up, pulls on her socks and waits for me to help her slip her feet in and tie them. Her coppery hair goes up into a high ponytail with her purple hair bow.

"Mummy, can I haf lips like you?" She puckers her lips and kisses mine tha are painted brigth red I laugh.

"No my love."