That Moment

"Holly." Someone whispers in my ear.

"Mm." I wiggle but don't open my eyes.

"Holly."

"I can't let the dragon win." I mumble still asleep and dazed. The person bursts into laughter and I shoot up to the displeasure of my foggy head. "Seev?" I squint.

"Come on mum's making breakfast." I giggle at his emphasis on 'mum'.

"Tell her I'll be down. I just need to get cleaned up." He nods and exits the room. "Please don't be mean to me today." I beg, looking down at my stomach.

Trudging out of bed I throw my hair into a high ponytail and brush my teeth before heading downstairs to the dining room.

"How are you feeling sweetheart?" Mum asks, kissing my forehead.

"Great, for now." I smile. Everyone is sat at the table except for Mister Kaneswaran. Mum sees me staring at the empty spot.

"Had to go to work." She tells me.

"Sit down." Siva urges.

"I'll help mum." I wave him off.

"Don't set one foot inside this kitchen." Mum warns. "Sit down. Nearly done." She grins.

"How'd you sleep?" Siva asks as soon as I take the seat next to him.

"Good." I say simply and sneak a glance at Jay who does everything in his power not to look at me. Viciously, I hope he's squirming in disgust at his own behaviour from last night.

"So what was that about dragons?" He smirks. I blush and shake my head. It had been a dream of me in my favourite down-time video game and I had to fight a dragon to save the people of a small village.

Mum calls Siva to the kitchen to help her bring the food out and once it's set down I wait for everyone to finish dishing their plates before I even touch a serving spoon.

"Have you thought of names?" Tom asks through a mouthful of eggs.

"I haven't really had the time. I found out the day before yesterday." I shrug.

"Alright you can name him Thomas Nathan James Maximillian Kaneswaran." Tom says cheerily. I nearly spit my orange juice back in the cup.

"Why would my child's last name be Kaneswaran; let alone contain any of your names?" I say haughtily.

"We figured that since mum's essentially adopted you that you'd use our surname." Siva chuckles.

"Oh you figured. So you've discussed this?" I glare at them all.

"We could hardly sleep." Nathan laughs. "We were too scared to imagine if you had a girl. A mini Holly? We might die." They all fall into hysterics about having a mini Holly running around. I don't join in. I hadn't thought about if I wanted a boy or girl or considered my thought process behind naming them.

"Holly." Siva whispers with concern.

"Huh? Yeah?"

"You okay?"

"Yeah, yeah." I smile. "Can I ask you something though?" I whisper. He nods.

"How come you guys are so excited?" I scrunch my face. "I mean I hate to admit it but I was devastated at first."

"You'll be a great mum." Siva says simply and takes our plates to the kitchen. 

I felt something lurch in my stomach. I had an instant flashback of an alien even though it didn't hurt or warrant a scream.