Chapter 6

I fell to my knees and sobbed. The lady came back into the room and stood there as she called other guards. I just sat there crying my eyes out. They took Kaya and I to the top floor. there were a bunch of beds lined up that had kids our age sleeping in them. "Get some sleep." the woman said as she walked out of the room. I lied down and sleep washed over me. I woke up to shuffling feet and low conversations. I sat up and rubbed my eyes. I yawned and looked at all the boys and girls. "Whats going on?" I asked a tall slim boy. "This is the testing facility where they test on us, do experiments on us." He replied as if were an every day thing. I looked at him in disgust and said "And we just lie around and do nothing all day?" He laughed at me and said "No. They have things for us to do here, and we are fed and our clothes are washed." I walked over to a hall that was labeled "KITCHEN" I walked in and saw nobody was there. I glanced back at the janitors closet. I grabbed a knife from one of the drawers and hid it behind me. I saw Kaya looking for me in the crowd and I started running. I ran into the janitors closet and locked the door. Why am I even alive? I asked myself. Im just an experiment. No one gives a damn about me. "Im just an experiment." I sobbed as I started cutting my wrists. "I-i don't belong on earth, I'm not real. Im a mistake." I started cutting my stomach. I could here banging on the door. The pounding was getting softer and faded away. My vision was getting darker by the second I fell to the ground, and took in what I had just done to myself. I looked at my cut up stomach it said, 'Im just an experiment' I could not believe what I have done to myself. I collapsed onto the ground. The door flew open. The last thing I saw was Kaya sobbing and screaming at the lady who worked there, then it all went black.