Chapter 4

I followed Kaya as we ran through the forest. Small branches that stuck out from the thick brush around us scratched my face and clawed at my hair. I took in deep breaths of the crisp clean forest air, the smell of trees was delightful. We kept following the old train tracks through the woods. As we ran I looked around at the towering trees looking down on us. Then focused on running because I didn't want to run into a tree. When we got to the edge of the woods Kaya and I instantly fell to the ground, taking in heavy long breaths. After we caught up with our breath Kaya stood up and said, "We need to rest it's getting dark, this place looks abandoned if we are lucky we can get one of those old motel rooms open." She was right not one car passed by, and the sky was turning a shade of orange, we needed to sleep after all that running. "Come on let's see if we can get one of these rooms open." I said. Only one room had a open door. "It only has one bed." I said. "So? Its really big I don't really mind if we have to share a bed." Kaya replied. I shut the door, took off my shoes and got in the bed, same with Kaya. It was really awkward sleeping in the same bed with a girl but I was tired so I fell asleep. The next morning I woke up before Kaya and went into the bathroom. There was still mini soaps, shampoos and conditioners, i took them and put them in the pocket of my light brown cargo pants. I walked back out and Kaya was ready to go. "We should go break a window and raid the vending machines." She said. "Sure" I replied. We threw a rock through the window and unlocked the door, then threw more rocks through the vending machines. We took all of the waters, chips, candy, bars, everything because we found a old backpack while running through the woods. "Were do we go now?" Kaya asked. "I think we need to find out whats going on and go back just more... Stealth." I said. "Sounds like a plan." She replied. We decided to build a shelter in the train tunnel and then go sneak in at night. we took a lot a bedding, blankets, sheets, pillows. when we got to the center of the tunnel we set up a bed and food stash, then we looked around. The next day we planned what we were going to do. We were going to free those kids and help them.