Chapter 11

When I got the lair Max told me I was late and had to go now. He quickly explained my section of the building and who I needed to listen to and other stuff like that. so I went to the higher section of the building, all the lights were off in the hallway. I looked around the dark corner, there was one room with the door open and the light from the room was shining out into the hall.

I quietly crawled across the hard cold tile floor. Being as stealth as I could I eavesdropped on the conversation that was going on inside the room.

There was a deep male voice and a soft female voice. "We need higher security!" The male said. "No we don't! The kids are already under enough pressure! Soon they are gonna start committing suicide! Remember what happened last month! Poor boy.." the woman protested.

"Exactly! He saw his files when he wasn't supposed to!" the male snapped. "Know what? That happened because of you! You fell asleep on the job jackass! You LET the boy know he is not really human at this point! This conversation isn't going any where! Im going!" I heard the woman yell back.

Suddenly I heard the tapping of heels.... Oh shit.. I quickly slid around the corner just as the lights turned back on. I ran back to where we are supposed to stay and got some water.

I walked into the laundry room, and slid under the trap door into the meeting room.

Max and a few others were talking about what they had found. When I walked in they stopped talking and looked at me, then quickly went back to work.

"What did you find? Any thing good?" Max asked. "Not really. There was a man and woman fighting about wheatear we should have higher security or not." I answered. "Well thats something, at least. Well, you can go enjoy the rest of your day." Max said.

With that I spun around on my heels and climbed out of the room. Kaya... She suddenly crashed into my thoughts... Kaya! I need to go see her!